Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
TD 3550
2,930 Posts
Reliable pit crew. Told then take the canopy's down before you leave.The drunk fest got in the way after the race. Returned the next morning for qualifying. Nobody knows nothing.

·
T/S 368E
30,128 Posts

Hey, I wasn't drunk, I'm old & fell asleep, I thought the young guys had it covered!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We use 2.5 gallon jugs of water, bungee to each corner of each 10x10 tent. They are just over 21 pounds each. Not enough, but helps. Fill those same jugs with sand and you've got nearly fifty pounds on each corner. Still, it's a tent and you're responsible for keeping it put and not beating the shit out of others folks stuff. At last tie it to your trailer so that if it does go air born it won't leave your pit.

JMO

Pooch

·
Read Only
5,966 Posts
I have an event rental company and have bought hundreds of pop up tents over the years because in thr city people will rent them for what you can buy a cheap one for. Walmart has the Ozark brand and have a commercial line. They aren't sold in most stores but can be ordered online. They are the best quality 10x20 you can buy for the money.

If you want something that's actually commercial quality that will likely last the rest of your life click here:

And FUCK an easy up. They are heavy and quality but never fold easily.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I put a 21' x 10' awning on my trailer last year. I have a hand crank. It is a complete one person operation. No arms in the way drive the car right under it. A Lippert Solera awning. $1,200 to $1,500

·
T/S 368E
30,128 Posts

I know a lot of guys want a separate canopy so they can use them other places, but a built on awning is frigging awesome!!!
I bitched & moaned because the awning was more expensive than the air conditioner, but it was the best dough I ever spent on that trailer.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
We use 2.5 gallon jugs of water, bungee to each corner of each 10x10 tent. They are just over 21 pounds each. Not enough, but helps. Fill those same jugs with sand and you've got nearly fifty pounds on each corner. Still, it's a tent and you're responsible for keeping it put and not beating the shit out of others folks stuff. At last tie it to your trailer so that if it does go air born it won't leave your pit.

JMO

Pooch

I took five gallon buckets and put half a bag of concrete in each, mixed it up, and stuck a long bolt with big washer on it in the concrete. Now I have six "blocks" that I can bolt my canopies down to, then I take a small ratchet strap and anchor them to the trailer......they aren't going anywhere easily....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts