Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are using two 10x10 tents for our pit area next to the trailer. I want just a 10x20 or better yet, a 12x20 tent.

I have Ezup tents now, but would like a better one. Ezup makes a heavy duty 10x20 tent that looks decent, but is nearly $1600!

Buddy has a Ozark something from walmart that isn't bad, but it's light and longevity concerns me.

Who makes a good well built tent that will last for years? I don't mind paying for quality as long as I'm getting it.

Pooch

·
Registered
584 Posts
Saw a delta canopies 10x20 that another racer had at the track a few weeks ago that looked really nice. They said they've had it for years and it has served them well. picture I took of the tag says "deltacanopy.com". I have not checked pricing yet (probably will now that this thread reminded me), and I think they said they bought it off Amazon.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I just bought a "Premium" 10x20 canopy from eurmax.com. Its a pretty heavy duty canopy for the price. They have standard, premium and pro canopies. Many colors to choose from. Just FYI, they are in Calif and I believe partially shut down due to Covid so there communication is sketchy at best but I did receive mine in about a week, free shipping too.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Guy I know got a Jegs 10x20. 1st time he put it up it wore a hole in the top at the center support, so there's that. He was going to complain to them about it, haven't seen him since then to see if they did anything about it.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I like Coloradoracer's two 12x12 idea. Maybe one suffers damage, or sometime you just want a smaller option than all 20'.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Have you considered an awning that attaches to your trailer? Expensive but very durable and easy to set up.

Reactions: mrdragster1970

·
T/S 368E
28,885 Posts
Have you considered an awning that attaches to your trailer? Expensive but very durable and easy to set up.

I absolutely love having an awning on the trailer!!!
I can set it up in seconds by myself, and you know it will never blow away if you are in staging when a front rolls through.
We were walking through the pits one time when that happened.
Lizzy Musi's I think?? pop up started to move, so we held it down for a few seconds, until the wind stopped.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I absolutely love having an awning on the trailer!!!
I can set it up in seconds by myself, and you know it will never blow away if you are in staging when a front rolls through.
We were walking through the pits one time when that happened.
Lizzy Musi's I think?? pop up started to move, so we held it down for a few seconds, until the wind stopped.

Next trailer will have an awning. Not interested in putting one on my current older inexpensive trailer.

Have two ten by ten tents now. Should have bought 12x12's back then. Bought the 10x10 as they also fit on our back deck for cookouts. Seldom ever get used for cookouts...

Pooch

·
T/S 368E
28,885 Posts

Screw that, if it bolts on, it sure and hell can be un-bolted and added to a new trailer :)
Life is too short.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17,608 Posts
I like Coloradoracer's two 12x12 idea. Maybe one suffers damage, or sometime you just want a smaller option than all 20'.

Putting two together works well for sunshine, but isn't good at all when it rains. Half of each will drain towards the center and literally floods your car. I used 12 X 20 ezy ups for years, which works well but you need 4 people to use them (one at each outside corner), otherwise you strain the hinges, bend & turn the framing into junk.
I'm with those who voted for an awning. Lots easier & less hassle & about the same or less $$ as an easy up.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Surfturf canopies. 13 x 26. Comes with walls mine is about 5 years old and still perfect. A little heavy. Quality doesn't come cheap.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have two coleman 12x12 that I use. Got them for around $120 each.
The Coleman is really nice when there is no wind. If there is substantial wind, then it's best to take it down. The pivot bolts are soft and bend really easily. There are replacement parts available when a bar bends but it's hit or miss if it is the right length.

For the OP, you can get a lot of 10x10 EZ Ups for $1600. Maybe have a tarp shop make a connector tarp to bridge the gap between them...

·
Registered
68,272 Posts
Quality .... still comes down to you get what you pay for

·
Registered
445 Posts
I’ve had to run across the pits screaming at people to grab they’re fucking tents. Big winds will send them flying. I’ve also seen many times crumpled up frames left after everyone pulls out. Lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts