Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Simple answer is no. Temp. or 90 day chassis certs are for new construction only. Once a chassis has been certified it is no longer eligible.
WF

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
why if you had a new chassis would you get a temp then?? if they say its good then slap the sticker on it

·
Registered
752 Posts
Simple answer is no. Temp. or 90 day chassis certs are for new construction only. Once a chassis has been certified it is no longer eligible.
WF
I have never heard of this either, not saying its wrong because I don't know, I just have never heard of such a thing

·
Registered
198 Posts
WHY?????????????

is it to try and save money??

oh by the way..the answer to your question is NO.....

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
a temp cert can be done at ur track (nhra) by track teck peeps. no sticker is put on just a filled out form and they messure the tubing..as stated it only good for 90 days and new const only.

·
Registered
752 Posts
a temp cert can be done at ur track (nhra) by track teck peeps. no sticker is put on just a filled out form and they messure the tubing..as stated it only good for 90 days and new const only.
I have talked to the tech guys at a couple different tracks and all have told me they don't have the equipment to ultrasound the tubes, this isn't something that any track keeps around because it is not there responsability to certify your car.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I have talked to the tech guys at a couple different tracks and all have told me they don't have the equipment to ultrasound the tubes, this isn't something that any track keeps around because it is not there responsability to certify your car.
ok u know it all... i guess the temp cert i had done last year at RACEWAYPARK was some nhra fake bullshit..

·
Registered
752 Posts
ok u know it all... i guess the temp cert i had done last year at RACEWAYPARK was some nhra fake bullshit..
talked to the chassis tech tonight, he told me there is such a thing as a 90 day cert, but it is only for slow cars, 8.5 and slower, has to be done by an sfi certified tech at the track, he can make sure the tubes are in the correct locations and measure the O.D. but he cannot measure tube thickness because they don't have the equipment, and you don't need to be a dick about it, I said in my other post that I am not saying it isnt true because I don't know, read the whole thread before being an asshole to people

1 - 14 of 14 Posts