Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go with the Dominator EFI over the HP on my turbo truck . .

I wont be using the boost control feature . My setup will take it as fast as it can make it . Plus I have the AMS 500 to fall back on .......but I've never had to use the ramp feature .

The HP already logs RPM , MAP , AFRs , oil pressure , fuel pressure , water temp , and AITs . < am I missing anything ???

Is a warning light output included ?

What inputs and outputs would you guys use ?

I would like to run an AFR gauge .

This is not an all out race deal so I would not be using things like drive shaft sensors or a g meter , ect .

I also thinking of leaving the 7531 for timing control for now and just use the Holley for fuel .

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right now I'm using the boost switch on the 7531 to turn on the water pump for W/A intercooler . I figure I will need an out put for that when I eventually get rid of the 7531 .

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Take a look at Haltech's Platinum Sport 2000 as another choice. Loads of inputs/outputs. IQ3 dash communication via CAN as well..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Like I mentioned to you when we spoke, the HP is plenty for what you are currently doing. It's nice if you plan on upgrading in the future to have the dominator, but you should he absolutely fine with the hp.

Let us know when you're ready. ..

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
HP Ecu = $896
dominator ECU = $1,594

To me the extra money is justified by a some of the extra features i'd use, like the boost contoller and 4L80e control.

You just have to put all the featurs next to eachother and see if there is something you want/need.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Will one of the outputs run an AFR gauge ?

Do I need the Holley gauge ? ...... or can I use this gauge ? http://www.veisystems.com/ws/v1-ser...iversal-wideband-air-fuel-ratio-monitor-.html

" Wideband controller with matching wideband oxygen sensor (required).
The following wideband controllers list a 0-4V or 0-5V linear output that will work with this display: "
HP comes with a single wideband which can be read through the software. The controller is inside the ECU. Only a Holley Gauge (which can be configured to display any sensor) or the touchscreen can be used to display the values. Gauges and LCD do not count as one of the 6 configurable outputs available. The gauges operate on a single wire communication and you can hook up as many as you want.

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HP comes with a single wideband which can be read through the software. The controller is inside the ECU. Only a Holley Gauge (which can be configured to display any sensor) or the touchscreen can be used to display the values. Gauges and LCD do not count as one of the 6 configurable outputs available. The gauges operate on a single wire communication and you can hook up as many as you want.

That sucks . I really want to use the gauge thats already in my cluster . I guess I'll just use my Altronics to run the gauge .

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, 2 outputs for the solenoids and an input for the transducer. But it will work, is all I'm saying.
Thats not too bad . But I really have never used my ramp rate on my boost controller anyway . But I guess it could come in handy if I run a ture street tire class or something .

Another reason I like keeping the 7531 box . Lots of good stuff there . :)

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
99% sure I will be using the Holley Dom EFI box. My biggest dislike is the tiny touch screen Holley offers. Likely just wont get that.
Same deal with most digital dashes. To small.

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I mentioned to you when we spoke, the HP is plenty for what you are currently doing. It's nice if you plan on upgrading in the future to have the dominator, but you should he absolutely fine with the hp.

Let us know when you're ready. ..

yup , looks like the HP will be the way to go .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts