Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been kicking around a few ideas for motor setups on here. This is what I'm thinking I already have heads.
Shortblock
R351 block 9.0 deck a lot of custom work oil pan rails are almost 1/2 inch
Bryant billet crank 3.29 stroke has the rare counterweights
Lentz billet rods with Carr bolts they are long 6.3x I forget exact
Cp dished pistons 4.172 bore
55 mm roller cam bearings
King mains
Dry Sump block
Top dollar dry Sump system
Danny bee belt drive
Oversized jesel lifters
Top end
Pro comp Cleveland castings fully done by Dr J flow 404 cfm @ 800 top dollar parts
jesel rockers
Ford svo efi converted 4500 intake ported to the max
Power added
F2 or 123 f3a procharger
Possibly but doubt it 94 mm turbo
I was told the block can be bored to 4.2. Will this motor have a head gasket sealing problem with the 4.172 bore? Like i said the shortblock is not bought yet but I can get a smoking deal on it. What kinda power could I be looking at with something like this methonal or c16? This is gonna be a super high rpm motor. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to buy something but waiting for the right deal.
Thanks for reading now please leave a response.
Oh this will be going in a 25.2 chassis fox body mustang that will weigh in way under 3000 lbs race weight. No class racing just gonna go to the local tracks and maybe a lil grudge racing who knows.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
9.0 deck,,,{typically 9.2 or 9.5 is the as cast} sounds like a Roush nascar take out parts,,
you will have make to sure to get the correct intake for 9.0 deck...I have a customer that uses those engines in his road race car,, $12500 carb to dry-sump pan, includes the dry-sump pump, timing cover, dist, water pump, clutch , and bell, they make 850+ and run all day at 8000-9000,, damn good deal...
Use an engine builder whom is familiar with building boosted engines and you will have a nice piece..

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I've been kicking around a few ideas for motor setups on here. This is what I'm thinking I already have heads.
Shortblock
R351 block 9.0 deck a lot of custom work oil pan rails are almost 1/2 inch
Bryant billet crank 3.29 stroke has the rare counterweights
Lentz billet rods with Carr bolts they are long 6.3x I forget exact
Cp dished pistons 4.172 bore
55 mm roller cam bearings
King mains
Dry Sump block
Top dollar dry Sump system
Danny bee belt drive
Oversized jesel lifters
Top end
Pro comp Cleveland castings fully done by Dr J flow 404 cfm @ 800 top dollar parts
jesel rockers
Ford svo efi converted 4500 intake ported to the max
Power added
F2 or 123 f3a procharger
Possibly but doubt it 94 mm turbo
I was told the block can be bored to 4.2. Will this motor have a head gasket sealing problem with the 4.172 bore? Like i said the shortblock is not bought yet but I can get a smoking deal on it. What kinda power could I be looking at with something like this methonal or c16? This is gonna be a super high rpm motor. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to buy something but waiting for the right deal.
Thanks for reading now please leave a response.
Oh this will be going in a 25.2 chassis fox body mustang that will weigh in way under 3000 lbs race weight. No class racing just gonna go to the local tracks and maybe a lil grudge racing who knows.
how much is shortblock? ive got a shortblock for sale with used flattop pistons (FRPP W351 block, fresh 4.170" honed bore, fresh cut deck to 9.450" to remove o-ring grooves, new bored/bushed lifter bores to .937" lifters w/ new crower lifters if wanted , and cam tunnel to 55mm roller cam ,w/ bearings installed. billet crank 4.100" stroke crank with 4.170 bore = 447", rods have 30 passes, etc.

could be bought with new pistons for your combo

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well put it this way i can get the shortblock for about 3000 with belt drive oil system jessel lifters a fabricated pan the whole 9 yards. I already have a good top end . I'm just worried about the bore with boost? Id really like to put on a 131 procharger but I'm not sure the motor will like it to much. Par engines is right up the road from me and thats who would assemble it just needs final machining. The guy I'm buying it from built it for an f3 131 with yates heads that flowed 370 and setup for methonal. He has a ton of other stuff that i will buy for a great price if I buy this. I just don't wanna buy it and the bore is to big.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much is shortblock? ive got a shortblock for sale with used flattop pistons (FRPP W351 block, fresh 4.170" honed bore, fresh cut deck to 9.450" to remove o-ring grooves, new bored/bushed lifter bores to .937" lifters w/ new crower lifters if wanted , and cam tunnel to 55mm roller cam ,w/ bearings installed. billet crank 4.100" stroke crank with 4.170 bore = 447", rods have 30 passes, etc.

could be bought with new pistons for your combo
Pm me a price. You are very well known and I know I wouldn't be getting junk from you thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This guy is losing his ass on this but it just sits there and he got back into road racing. He also is selling me an xfi and a bunch of other stuff at prices wayyy cheaper then anywhere I could ever get them also a one piece carbon nose for 500. He just wants the stuff out of his garage.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
PM sent. you can tell by Bruders that even on F1x a 400"+ engine makes more power vs same blower on a 360-370" engine. and a 121/123 would make more difference. and blower size increases, so does the power it robs to turn the blower. I would not even try a 130/131 blower on a 360" engine, just cant see it being a very optimal set up at all.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM sent. you can tell by Bruders that even on F1x a 400"+ engine makes more power vs same blower on a 360-370" engine. and a 121/123 would make more difference. and blower size increases, so does the power it robs to turn the blower. I would not even try a 130/131 blower on a 360" engine, just cant see it being a very optimal set up at all.
That's what I thought when he told me he was gonna put a 131 on that

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sam what do you think about a 94mm on a motor like that? Would it make more power over a procharger just because the displacement is not there to run a big enuff blower

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tuten has been a 4.61 with a 94 on a smaller motor and at a much heavier weight then I will be. Just wanna make sure I do it right the first time!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need a motor first that big cubic inch sbf deal fell thru LOL and honestly ill go turbo or procharger don't matter to me as long as it goes fast

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
I will sell you my deal. 4.125x3.5=374. 11 to 1 on methanol. 106 turbo/1.0 AR. Complete for a fox body . Single 5 in. Exhaust y'd into duals dumped out the fenders. Want the mfi efi system? Motor needs new rings and heads need new springs. Tfs high ports. Getting out....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will sell you my deal. 4.125x3.5=374. 11 to 1 on methanol. 106 turbo/1.0 AR. Complete for a fox body . Single 5 in. Exhaust y'd into duals dumped out the fenders. Want the mfi efi system? Motor needs new rings and heads need new springs. Tfs high ports. Getting out....
Pm me.... Why does everyone seem to have all this stuff for sale that I'm looking for but don't post in classifieds haha.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
P.s. My wife just bought a 12 jeep wrangler with 5 in. Lift kit/ 18 in. Blastics with 35x 12.50's so I will be mudd'in instead of dragging.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a crew cab diesel with 18 inch lift and 24.5 inch 10 lug alcoas with 425 cement mixer tires on it with hydro assist steering 5.38 gears bd trans etc etc talk about a money pit. Damn wheels and tires are the price of a 25.2 chassis..... Never again!

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
my stuff is on classified. wit h360-380" motor, would say either F1x or 94mm-98mm turbo. with sure turbo as you listed what CT ran being the most efficient

1 - 19 of 19 Posts