Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering how everyones lives have changed since they announced Obama won the presidency in Nov. I dont want a debate about who left a mess, who started it 10 years ago. Who hates this party or that party.. I just want honest accounts of what has CHANGED in your life. If it was positive or negative let us know. We all know Obama has done some questionable things in an attempt to stimulate the economy and bail us out of this crisis. It is also undisputable that fear of what he will do has business' sitting on their money and not spending or running for cover..

I can honestly tell you that since his election the furniture warehousing industry which I pretty much exclusively work in has clammed up tight..I had nearly a year of scheduled work prior to the election that just dissolved. We have only done a few rinky dink llittle projects all year. Ive been on the road continuously for the past 6-7 years with hardly any time at home with my family.. So initially it was a nice change to spend some time at home. I was actually worried about how his new TAX HIKES were going to effect me. Boy was that premature.. I have 7 guys who work for me on a traveling rotation and we hire 8-30 temps on sight depending on the job size . Ive watched as my guys have lost nearly everything they have worked for over the past years. None are able to find employment until something breaks for us. Temp agencies whom Ive used over the years keep calling me and sending me letters questioning if Im going to be in their area working.. You know times are tough when temp agencies need to beg up work..
Although I plan to continue racing this year and will continue my sponsorship of the local track through this season. I must admit that Im concerned about how deep my own accounts have fallen this year. Im considering selling off some toys and acquired assets I dont really use to replentish those accounts as fears of a lingering economic crisis are still the talk of the nation.

Thats whats gone on in my life since his election..Whats gone on in yours??

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Luckily i live in a state that hasn't felt the crunch too bad.I ,personally have been doing pretty good lately as i was the last 13 years I've been in business. I just worry about next week.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Last month my wife had a massive heart attack.They brought her back and now she has no short term merory.This is changing my life every day now working with her.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
So far, I'm just as fucking broke as before. Not a damn thing has changed, which comes as no surprise to me whatsoever.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I draw house plans on the side to support my racing habit..No plans in the last 2 months...I usually have done 30-35 plans by this time of the year...This year....9
Not sure if this part of our economy will survive till the end of the year.

I work for the local power company to support my family...People always need electricity..so we are luckily pretty stable with our household finances so far...(but the Cap and Trade plan just passed may put that in Jeopardy)

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
I messed my credit up right out of high school. I've been working for several years on it, and finally have good credit again. My goal has been to buy a piece of land with a modest house and garage, something to call my own. Now that I have credit, I'm afraid to use it, because I don't know if I will have a job a year from now to pay for it. I don't see any big changes coming either. I'm just waiting and hoping.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I was lucky enough to be ok in the money dept. before the BS hit! My portfolio has taken a dive and the funds are going out faster than coming in right now! I do know that we as the people of this country had better take it back ourselves and quit waiting for someone else to do it for us!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a small (3 bay) auto repair shop, biss. has dropped off alot since before Obama. and had 2 people working for me, a office lady,and a younger fellow turning wrench's with, and for me. The office lady ended up with 10 points on her licence. (lead foot) in her own car, My insurance co. excluded her from driving the co. car, or any cust. cars. so I had to let her go back in Feb. of this year.
Since that time, we still aren't as busy as say a year ago. thank goodness i really only need 3 good days out of the 5 we are opend to pay the bills. I did have to sell off one of my classic AMX's tho.

·
KBX Performance
1,686 Posts
Defense cuts, Boeing is laying off a few people in Huntsville, AL and I thought Obama was supposed to be creating jobs????

·
THE Bad Guy
3,180 Posts
I can tell you that we had nine pipeline contracts and four station contracts that went away as soon as the Dems started blathering on about "going green". Most companies are now doing their engineering work in-house instead of using us. That slows them down and hurts their margins as well. With oil below $60 per barrel there is no money for new engineering. Hell, with these jackholes not allowing us to do our own exploration and drilling we have very little engineering work to do. They want us to be "foreign-oil independent" but won't allow us to drill for our own oil.

Let's put a bunch of windmills up across the prairies.....yeah.....that'll work. Stupid phuckers.

·
THE Bad Guy
3,180 Posts
....and I thought Obama was supposed to be creating jobs????
He is....he is appointing one "czar" after another. He never was specific about what jobs he was going to create and the morons still fell for it.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Here in the Toledo area things have gone done hill drasticly. Most jobs around here rely on the big 3, well as expected all the small buisnesses have suffered. Luckily my buisness does not rely on the locals to buy from me, we ship accross the country. But it sucks because alot of friends are layed off.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts