Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to stay away from the stainless steel/braided lines. I also don't want pushlok. I want the black an line but I see black with red and black with blue. What is the difference between the two? He's what I have going with AN line. Transmission cooler line (might do this in the braided line because I have 2 new pieces of -12 line 10' each), Radiator/cooling line (20an), water pump lines, oil cooler lines, turbo feed and return lines, and lastly I have the breather lines.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Pretty sure that most black braided line besides russel is not nhra approved for fuel. Im sure there is other brands that are legal but i have not really looked. For what your looking to do i use jegs line. It has stainless braided inside of the line. Most people say its shit but it works for me lol

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't edit the fuel lines in now. LOL So yes the fuel line also... E85 is my fuel of choice.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The color of the fittings is personal choice or sometimes different brand fittings don't offer different colors. I'm an XRP dealer and we almost always use black fittings with super nickel crimp collars and HS-79 with hyplon hose (the black hose NHRA legal). XRP offers different colors to suit your needs.

·
Registered
504 Posts
We have XRP lines on our car in black braid... it is NHRA Approved.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tranny cooler line in -12 is HUGE
Yes it is. Been told by a few guys with trans brake they wish they went with a bigger cooler. So instead of wasting my time with -8 I think just going to a -12 will remove me from the warm trans fluid. If you say no it's going to hurt me more then anything please let me here it.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stainless steel ones put small puncture holes in your fingers when you assemble them.
Also in the hose if you bend them to much. I use the kool tools and works alot better

·
TEAM CARB
45,418 Posts
Yes it is. Been told by a few guys with trans brake they wish they went with a bigger cooler. So instead of wasting my time with -8 I think just going to a -12 will remove me from the warm trans fluid. If you say no it's going to hurt me more then anything please let me here it.
Bigger cooler, not lines. It still only goes into the same little hole in the case.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I use the Russell Pro Classic for just about everything now (not e85 though). Once I got away from braided stainless I swore I would never go back. The "soft line" is SO much easier to run, bend, assemble, etc. And it's lighter. Not sure about NHRA approved though.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
The color of the fittings is personal choice or sometimes different brand fittings don't offer different colors. I'm an XRP dealer and we almost always use black fittings with super nickel crimp collars and HS-79 with hyplon hose (the black hose NHRA legal). XRP offers different colors to suit your needs.
Does XPR have a "fabric" or soft PTFE/e85 safe hose that can be put together without a crimping machine/has re-useable ends?

I'm about to do a fuel system conversion and was looking at the Brown and Miller Fittings/hose, but man, that shit is expensive......even for AN stuff!

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does XPR have a "fabric" or soft PTFE/e85 safe hose that can be put together without a crimping machine/has re-useable ends?

I'm about to do a fuel system conversion and was looking at the Brown and Miller Fittings/hose, but man, that shit is expensive......even for AN stuff!
Getting ready to do my fuel lines, breather lines, trans cooler lines, cooling lines and everything in between.

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Bigger cooler, not lines. It still only goes into the same little hole in the case.
True, but he can hold a little more volume with the bigger hoses at least.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Do the XRP HS-79 lines. Do it once and you never have to worry again.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Do the XRP HS-79 lines. Do it once and you never have to worry again.
That looks real nice. But, if I'm not missing anything the ends have to be crimped on right?

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Getting ready to do my fuel lines, breather lines, trans cooler lines, cooling lines and everything in between.
I did all that shit on one of may cars last year. 6 million coolers, breathers, etc. I used the Russell Pro Classic and was real happy with how it all went together.

I'm doing the fuel system/e85 right now and haven't decided what to use for line yet. The PTFE stuff is pretty spensive and I have only found one place that has re-useable hose ends. I would like to do crimp ends but unless I had the crimper in the shop OCD would drive me out of my mind. Measuring for lines, having them made and then putting them on just won't work for me.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts