Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Cool, did they ever re-unite the original engine with the original bullet or resolve whatever issue it was?
That was odd, the power train owner's story was riding the coattails of the car, like he had some sort of stock in the original car, and somehow made his replica "authentic?" That power train is only worth $$$ to the original car's owner, somehow I think both parties were being silly.

·
Senior with common sense
8,955 Posts
I hate the prostock hood on #2 car

did the mustang II ever make any new passes?

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
That car raced on Woodward, I've seen it run. It ran at Milan a few years ago. the current owner brought it out along with a clone he owns. The made a run down Milan with channel 7's helicopter flying over it and a guy hanging out shooting video. They contacted me for still for the cover of a DVD. Of course, I never got my copy. The car was a low ten second street car when Pro Stocks were running 9's. I rolled up on him with my 69 Hemi Roadrunner, but we never raced. There was another kid on the east side of Detroit at that time that had a Purple Blown Hemi Cuda. I don't remember anyone ever beating that car. The Mustang II that Jack Roush built was the first Pro Street style car I ever saw. He cleaned up with it. It was built for a Ford engineer, but I only saw Jack drive it. The photo is from 1973, I had my license for 3 weeks. I didn't keep it very long.
Mike TPG
:cool:

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
This is the car as it sits today, well this was taken right before I got it. It suffered from about 10 years of storage. It looks quite sad really, but not for long! I'm excited about having the chance to revive it. I remember reading about this car when I was in high school and have looked for it for years before finding it.

Its going to take some time, but this car will be back in fighting form again. Maybe there can be a Detroit Street Racer reunion some day.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Me starting the Bullet in the HDK tent at the Mopar Nat's.

Nice......I really like the Silver bullet GTX and got to see it a few years up at
the dreamcruise......Car sounded great and the history is unreal.

Would like to have a GTX from that era but likely the closest I will get is the
1/18 scale Bullet gtx my Dad bought me up there.

Badass cars from a great era.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In 84 or 85 there was a kid named Kevin he had a real sleeper was Mustang II. It ran 11.40s @ Detroit dragway. But when he sprayed it it went into the 9s. His came over to our car and was telling us all about her boyfriend's car. Anyone remember him? I was an eastsider but would cruise Telegraph coming home from Detroit dragway. At that time one of fastest guys had a red monza Freddie?

·
Registered
34 Posts
THANKS again everybody,i'll see my buddy tomorrow night and ask him if he might be misaken on the street name. It's just great to listen to the old stories.
Now that's sum funny chit. :smt082:smt082:smt082
The Sunoco Station was on the corner of Woodward and Taunton (it's a Valvoline quick lube now).
The Silver Bullet is owned buy Harold Sullivan.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im not sure,i was with a buddy of mine tonight and he's a 60's early 70's racer and he always talks of this guy but he just couldnt remember his name.
It was at the corner Woodward and Taunton. (Now a Valvoline Quicklube)
Im not sure,i was with a buddy of mine tonight and he's a 60's early 70's racer and he always talks of this guy but he just couldnt remember his name.

Jimmy Addison I believe

*You tree'd me LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, it was a street car. Plain jane outside and it was packing a Boss 429 under the hood, IIRC. Like Mike said, it was one of the early cars running big tires without chopping the quarters all out, back before that became known as "pro street".

It was a real sleeper, which was the coolest thing about it.
It was NOT a Boss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That Volare was built at Mike Fons shop, Motown Muscle,,,originally built for Mike Keener of Checkmate fame,,,,Steve Mair bought it when Keener decided not to race it,,, ended up in a collection of a guy named Randy Carron,,,who also owned at that time Steve Lisks challenger,,,which was also built at Fons shop,,,, The guy who beat Addisons car was Andy Manarinno with a camaro called Wops Rat,,,, the same Andy who was partners with Dick Maskin in a few pro stock cars

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Met Andy once back when, was proud of the fact he was a wrench puller, I took inspiration from his point of view, a good guy.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts