Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running fuel line with an fittings and at the Holley pump itself I have to use pipe type to an fittings. What is best to use to seal the pipe fitting where it threads into the Holley pump itself, teflon tape or ARP thread sealer like you use on head bolts etc..

The ARP stuff I use says it resists coolant, fuel, etc..

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, will do! Should I let it sit for long before adding fuel to the lines?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
785 Posts
X3 Teflon paste. And it doesn't seal the threads it lubricates (so it doesn't gull), pipe thread is tapered. No wait time put it on, tighten it up, and go.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
the only reason tape is EVER used is because it is cheap.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
liquid teflon on all my stuff..get it at any auto parts store

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
I use tape made for Lp and propane gas ...Its alot stronger...Not all the mess like the paste also...

·
Registered
479 Posts
The biggest problem people have w the tape is they wrap it the wrong direction and it all comes off when they thread the fitting in. Ive used both w no problems.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Used both, never had problems. With anything nitrous system related I will only use paste.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
I've used both with really good results. I'll say this, the paste seems to be more user friendly. What I mean by that is this, goop it on and go. But the tape can leak if it's a little thin or a little "loose."

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I've had some fuel eat through the liquid Teflon, so if you do use this on fuel fittings just keep an eye on things.

The problem with tape is even if put on correctly the first time you pull it apart it leaves little "threads" all over (male and female side) that need to be thoroughly cleaned off or they will find there way to the most interesting places.

mike

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Permatex thread sealant wth PTFE iz hands down the best stuff out ther, I even use it on some "low torque" bolts/studs/nuts in stead of "threadlocker" in some cases

1 - 20 of 22 Posts