Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Try Parker. We get all of our hydraulic hose and air line hose from them. We use the Teflon stuff for the main air lines on our trucks.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
I wouldn't use the teflon for fuel, bad choice for several reasons. It isn't designed for fuel or low pressure applications, line that size will be tough and unforgiving to work with, the available fittings will be very heavy (likely stainless steel), hard to find and the variety will be limited and the biggest reason - the fittings alone will wear out your wallet.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Rtusnake, Would you be interesed in a permanent end teflon hose assembly any length you want?

Teflon is a good choice for fuels as it is impervious to the fuel and will last forever. The hose itself is also lighter than the CPE hose most are accustomed to. Also, the permanent end for teflon hose are not that heavy and are available in ss, plated steel, brass and multiple colors of aluminum

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
i use the teflon line and fittings from parker on everything i do.no heavier than russel rubber line in my opinion and last alot longer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ditto on what onefast68 said....I changed everything over from Rubber to metal braided teflon, no problems at at all. One of the main reasons I went with teflon is that I was told by a several people "in the know" so to speak that eventually rubber will break down, teflon will not.

I went to a hydraulic line/fitting store, I believe the line and fittings I used are made by Parker. Pre-measured it all out, then took the dimensions to them and they made custom lines (permanent ends) while I waited.....no leaky fittings, and no pain in the ass DIY an fittings!

FYI, my main line to the regulator is -10, not hard to work with at all....Which ever store sells it to you can give you the Parker guidelines on what the minimum bend radius should be.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Let me know what length you need. I can get you a price you want believe!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I wouldn't use the teflon for fuel, bad choice for several reasons. It isn't designed for fuel or low pressure applications, line that size will be tough and unforgiving to work with, the available fittings will be very heavy (likely stainless steel), hard to find and the variety will be limited and the biggest reason - the fittings alone will wear out your wallet.
your joke'n right ???

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Try Parker. We get all of our hydraulic hose and air line hose from them. We use the Teflon stuff for the main air lines on our trucks.
Got a link??

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Ditto on what onefast68 said....I changed everything over from Rubber to metal braided teflon, no problems at at all. One of the main reasons I went with teflon is that I was told by a several people "in the know" so to speak that eventually rubber will break down, teflon will not.

I went to a hydraulic line/fitting store, I believe the line and fittings I used are made by Parker. Pre-measured it all out, then took the dimensions to them and they made custom lines (permanent ends) while I waited.....no leaky fittings, and no pain in the ass DIY an fittings!

FYI, my main line to the regulator is -10, not hard to work with at all....Which ever store sells it to you can give you the Parker guidelines on what the minimum bend radius should be.
I agree for the most part.....

However, what is often over looked is that the "rubber" that most of you are referring to, isn't necessarily used in racing hose we all know and love. If you do a little research, you will find that mostly all the big name hose companies (Aeroquip, Earls, Russell) all use a "synthetic rubber". It' not like it's the rubber hose you get off the roll at AutoZone. I think if you were to deep dive the subject more, you'd find this synthetic rubber is much more impervious to a lot of elements that traditional plain "rubber" is not.
Just a thought.............

Secondly,
Does anyone know if you can buy the teflon lined hose, with the BLACK NYLON BRAIDING, instead of stainless steel braid??

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Hey Guys,

We have -10 teflon in stock....Like someone mentioned before though. The fittings are the issue. You are limited in the availablility of choices. Basically straights, 45 and 90 and only in steel.....We do have it though.

Let me know if your interested.

Secondly,
Does anyone know if you can buy the teflon lined hose, with the BLACK NYLON BRAIDING, instead of stainless steel braid??

The only teflon with black is the ultra lite from the performance companies. We have Brown and Miller, also available from XRP.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Hey Guys,

We have -10 teflon in stock....Like someone mentioned before though. The fittings are the issue. You are limited in the availablility of choices. Basically straights, 45 and 90 and only in steel.....We do have it though.

Let me know if your interested.

Secondly,

The only teflon with black is the ultra lite from the performance companies. We have Brown and Miller, also available from XRP.
Awesome! I didnt' know such an animal existed!! :)

(The "products/parts" section of your webpage is defunct. :( )

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks, I did think about this and research it, but other factors prevailed in my case.

When I bought the chassis, the line was there and was unknown age/manufacturer.

Perhaps some of the more reputable companies use good synthetics, especially more likely today with advances in technology versus almost ten years ago (when I got the truck, the minimum age it could have been)....

I agree for the most part.....

However, what is often over looked is that the "rubber" that most of you are referring to, isn't necessarily used in racing hose we all know and love. If you do a little research, you will find that mostly all the big name hose companies (Aeroquip, Earls, Russell) all use a "synthetic rubber". It' not like it's the rubber hose you get off the roll at AutoZone. I think if you were to deep dive the subject more, you'd find this synthetic rubber is much more impervious to a lot of elements that traditional plain "rubber" is not.
Just a thought.............

Secondly,

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rtusnake, Would you be interesed in a permanent end teflon hose assembly any length you want?

Teflon is a good choice for fuels as it is impervious to the fuel and will last forever. The hose itself is also lighter than the CPE hose most are accustomed to. Also, the permanent end for teflon hose are not that heavy and are available in ss, plated steel, brass and multiple colors of aluminum
Yeah I would. I only need straights on both ends probably. Once the rest of my fuel parts arrive, I will get a measurement and contact you.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 20 of 31 Posts