Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll never understand people who put so much power in the hands of inexperienced drivers. Crazy, and now the kid is dead because of his lack of driving skills. He looks to have been moving pretty good. At least the passenger lived. Usually it's them that die and you walk away.
Sad

A New York teen taking a test drive of a family friend's Lamborghini has died after crashing the high-powered sports car into a guardrail.

Police say 18-year-old Samuel Shepard was taking the car for a spin on a county road in Mount Sinai on Long Island early Friday when he lost control. The car's owner, Michael Power, was a passenger in the car and was treated for nonlife-threatening injuries.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/3...-once-in-lifetime-test-drive/?intcmp=trending

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Sad thing the owner (Passenger) probably said....Let her eat..to the kid.
I second this motion. That was my first thought lol…

"Lean into it a little bit"

Sad deal considering I'm sure most of us on here have gotten lucky in cars.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I currently have a 10 second street car for sale and a 20 year old kid was very interested in buying it.. I would not sell it to him for this vary reason even though he had the cash to pay for it. The car is better off sitting in the garage for sale than to see it on the news in a situation like this

·
Registered
991 Posts
So what about the 30-60 year old men with unlimited cash flow wrecking cars and sometimes killing themselves?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I sold a low 10 second car to a guy back in 95 and when he picked it up he told me it was for his 16 year old kid. I would have never sold it to him if I would have known

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
So what about the 30-60 year old men with unlimited cash flow wrecking cars and sometimes killing themselves?
Exactly. Oh wait, I get it, "The old guy was mature enough to make that decision for himself"........... HAHAHAHA........ right..........

Oh yeah, let's not forget they have killed a few innocents in the process, too.

Face it everyone, speed kills. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Exactly. Oh wait, I get it, "The old guy was mature enough to make that decision for himself"........... HAHAHAHA........ right..........

Oh yeah, let's not forget they have killed a few innocents in the process, too.

Face it everyone, speed kills. Be careful out there.
It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I bought a brand new Mustang GT when I got my license and I look back now and think to my self " Im so lucky I didnt kill my self or my friends"

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Right down the street from my in laws. Not surprising as that road just begs for throttle down in the wee hours of the morning.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Right down the street from my in laws. Not surprising as that road just begs for throttle down in the wee hours of the morning.
83 is like the local drag strip over here, the part where he crashed tho is not straight and is right in between a pretty busy intersection and the end of the street. Not sure how or why you'd be traveling that fast where the accident happened

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
I bought a brand new Mustang GT when I got my license and I look back now and think to my self " Im so lucky I didnt kill my self or my friends"
X2, several times.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Saddest example I've seen was a kid that graduated with my son. Parents bought him a brand new srt-4 for graduation. He didn't make it to commencement.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
She said ShotGun! :-damnit

Bet the kid doesn't want the car now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts