Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to purchase a 1985 Mustang notch this weekend. I've been search for just the right one for over a year now. I've built I in my head several times over.

My choice for suspension is going to probably be Team Z.

Does anyone have any experience with Team Z roll cage kits? I just want to know if they fit fairly well, or is there a better choice. It would be my preference to order everything I can from one company for freight purposes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting story. I saw this guy about a year ago. I was heading north, and he was in a parking lot on the south bound side of the street. By the time I could make a u-turn, he was pulling down a side street where there are a bunch of apartment complexes.

I turned down that street but didn't see him anymore. I started driving through the parking lots of the ones I could get into, but never saw him again.

I have driven through that area many time since then trying to locate him again, so I might be able to make an offer "Counting Cars" style. Never did see it again.

So I'm on Craigslist a couple of days ago, searching for 85/86 fox bodies, and BAM, there's the car I've been searching for.

Car has a great body, no rust, a new 4 banger, good transmission, and some minor electrical problems. It does start and run well, and I can drive it to my buddy's shop during the day, because the headlights and taillights have issues. Perfectly drivable during the day.

Went to see the car yesterday, and offer the guy his asking price without even haggling.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a 93 fox and have ordered a tubular front end, cage, and subframe connectors. So far I've only got the front end installed. Working on subframe connectors next, followed by the cage. Everything so far has fit pretty well. Granted, there is some pretty big variation in these cars. They weren't held to nearly the strict standards modern cars are when built now. That and the fact my car was apparently in an accident and/or ran something big over at one point in time... I cant ask for anything better short bending the bars up custom for my specific car.

The cage looks good, however it still sitting on a pallet. I expect it to fit well, I see no reason it wont compared to what Ive seen from them so far.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Ah....TX car. Probably in pretty decent shape. How much ya give for it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
I have a 79 six cylinder notch under construction now. Had 3200 miles on it when I bought it two years ago.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah....TX car. Probably in pretty decent shape. How much ya give for it if you don't mind me asking?
Was going to give him 3K. That's how much he had it listed for. It was just too clean, almost no bodywork even necessary for a decent paint job. No rust, and I saw no signs it had ever been in an accident. Interior was clean. It was a 4 cylinder, so even if I wanted to put it together cheap and quick, it would have been easy. I know how hard they are to find, so I offered him his asking price without haggling at all.

Unfortunately, I saw the ad too late to get cash that day, so we made a verbal agreement that I would bring cash on Saturday and pick it up. I had about $500 cash on me.. Maybe I should have given him some sort of deposit, but a. He seemed like a good guy, and happy to get his asking price, and b. the apartments he lives in are kinda sketchy, and I thought there might be problems getting it back if I did.

Saddest part if the story is, someone else showed up yesterday, threw a wad of money at the guy, and took it home.

I hate trying to buy anything off of Craigslist because of these kinds of problems, but it is what it is.

Back to searching.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Was going to give him 3K. That's how much he had it listed for. It was just too clean, almost no bodywork even necessary for a decent paint job. No rust, and I saw no signs it had ever been in an accident. Interior was clean. It was a 4 cylinder, so even if I wanted to put it together cheap and quick, it would have been easy. I know how hard they are to find, so I offered him his asking price without haggling at all.

Unfortunately, I saw the ad too late to get cash that day, so we made a verbal agreement that I would bring cash on Saturday and pick it up. I had about $500 cash on me.. Maybe I should have given him some sort of deposit, but a. He seemed like a good guy, and happy to get his asking price, and b. the apartments he lives in are kinda sketchy, and I thought there might be problems getting it back if I did.

Saddest part if the story is, someone else showed up yesterday, threw a wad of money at the guy, and took it home.

I hate trying to buy anything off of Craigslist because of these kinds of problems, but it is what it is.

Back to searching.

Damn.....the one that got away...lol. You'll find something if ya look long enough.

·
Registered
9,264 Posts
You should have robbed a 7 11 to get cash. Foxes that clean and cheap are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No idea on the cage......full front suspension,rear arms and springs. Awesome products that work great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts