Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yep, an '83 coupe. Measuring from face of firewall and dropping a plumb bob to closest edge (rear) of front lateral bar is 25-3/4".

The straight section of that front bar is approx 11" between starting points of the bends.

This help?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That helps a ton, I went fire wall (not the ribs) to the front of oil pan and have about 1/8" of clearance. So hopefully the plumbob went down across the ribs and that will be about another 1/8" and I think I can alter the oil pan as well to make it get in there!!
The pic is a little misleading..I needed 3 hands to take a pic of how I measured. I held the tape against the flat vertical surface of the firewall just above the tunnel (below the lowest rib), then dropped the plumb bob down to the back side of the tube.

You might be able to gain a little more room by pushing the member forward as it is tightened to the frame....there's that normal slop in the mounting points you could use to your advantage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.