Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there that can take some measurements for me on their foxbody? Im running a big block ford with 1 inch spacers between frame a team z standard k member and getting the diaper on and fitment is a nightmare. And being able to drop pan with k member in sounds awesome. Any measurement from like straight edge from shock tower to shock tower- closest part of k member. fire wall to inside edge of k member, hell even closest a arm bracket to inside edge of k member. Im just trying to see if its a waste of money for me to order it. Ive looked at all the pics and still cant get a good idea if it will fit. I have it in the "stock" location front to back speaking, which I cant get it any farther back and its centered in the car and dropped probably 1.5" id say. Please let me know if you can help me out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wrkmnstr;5742**** said:
I've got one bolted in to a car with a bare engine compartment, but I'm not exactly sure of what measurements you're looking for.
Is it a foxbody? any part fire wall to the inside edge of front bar(the car rack bolts to). is there a radiator in stock location? even from the radiator to same edge, I just want to see if my pan will sit down in the k member opening.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yep, an '83 coupe. Measuring from face of firewall and dropping a plumb bob to closest edge (rear) of front lateral bar is 25-3/4".

The straight section of that front bar is approx 11" between starting points of the bends.

This help?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That helps a ton, I went fire wall (not the ribs) to the front of oil pan and have about 1/8" of clearance. So hopefully the plumbob went down across the ribs and that will be about another 1/8" and I think I can alter the oil pan as well to make it get in there!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That helps a ton, I went fire wall (not the ribs) to the front of oil pan and have about 1/8" of clearance. So hopefully the plumbob went down across the ribs and that will be about another 1/8" and I think I can alter the oil pan as well to make it get in there!!
The pic is a little misleading..I needed 3 hands to take a pic of how I measured. I held the tape against the flat vertical surface of the firewall just above the tunnel (below the lowest rib), then dropped the plumb bob down to the back side of the tube.

You might be able to gain a little more room by pushing the member forward as it is tightened to the frame....there's that normal slop in the mounting points you could use to your advantage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.