Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
He told me he was sending my money Tues. or Wed. to. But he wants me to wait till the 13th or this month to cash it. Im not waiting that long. It has been long enough right now. I dont see how you cant have the $4738 dollars that I sent you 2 weeks about. All you had to do is ship the parts I paid you for. I want my money put in my pay pal account the same time you are doing Mikes. As far as having a problem if it has a scratch. I dont think so. Not with me. I gave you the time you wanted to ship it. You said it would be no problem to ship it last week. You said that last Sunday. I dont think you even tried. If you dont want to sell to me thats fine. I sent you the money with in an hour of telling you I would take it. Im not hard to get along with. There are a few guys on here that knows me. I just dont like getting jerked around. No hard feelings just want my money.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thats fine, i will have to transfer the money over from my bank account...what did it take when you sent it to me??? 8-10 days???? I figured it would be quicker to send it via mail and save the 3%. Your choice.... It takes 3-4 business days to transfer from account to paypal or from paypal to account.

Your saying here that you have to transfer from bank account. How are you doing that if your account is not tied to it. All sounds like crap to me.

I have been scammed by a scumbag in the past on a supercharger. All the excuses sound all to familiar.

Good luck guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I responded several months ago to the same post about the same deal. I talked with him and he said it was all new and so I sent him a money order overnighted. After he received it I couldn't get in touch with him. I finally tracked down a phone number for his family and talked with them about the situation, within minutes he called me and said it had been sent to TCI because it had sat for a while and he wanted Tony to check it out and make sure it was all good. I called Tony and he said he would check it out and make sure that everything was all new and let me know. After several different version of the story from Tony and CharlesI found out the trans had been run and hurt,also TCI tore the threads out of the case when taking it apart I ended up getting the transmission with a new case and what appeared to be a new converter in the box. In order to do that I had to call his family, the manager at TCI, and Tony. Now I'm wondering whether I got what was said, the pro X with the good stuff or the other TCI transmission he has for sale with a 1.76 gear set and it was put in a good case? Guess i will pull trans and have it looked at end of next week
Ben,

I thought that I explained all of this very clearly to you when this deal happened. But it's obvious that I must have not got my point accross. Just for the record, Charles bought the trans from someone else that is a dealer for us. The trans broke (I didn't know). Charles then bought another trans (for a spare) directly from TCI. Charles called me and said that he has sold the PRO-X (in JW bell and case) to someone but wanted it checked. That was the story that I was told. I specifically told you that if the tranny was not new and had damage, that we would take care of it because it was still in warranty. There was a band problem and one cross threaded hole in the case where the tailhousing bolts to the case. Instead of drilling and tapping the hole, we built it with a brand new case. Charles did have another issue with the spare trans that he bought from TCI too. The problem with both trans ended up being a shifter linkage problem, BUT TCI FIXED THE PROBLEM UNDER WARRANTY. TCI has went far and beyond with this whole deal and if you think that you need to have it torn down and checked, then so be it. Ben, call me with any questions that you might not understand the answers to. Don't use this forum to do it.

Mr. Zaffman, i'm curious to know the reason that you love TCI so much. If it's the lack of confidence from our product, and it's ability to handle horsepower, just ask Steve Petty (3,000 hp), Eric Dillard (2,600 hp), Zack Posey, and A.J. Powell (1,800 hp), Jason Lee, Chad Doyle, Bob Kurgan, Cameron Coble, Jason Smith, John Kolivas, Kevin Fiscus, Jack Barfield, Jason Mote, and i'm getting tired thinking!!!! Dude, give me a call and I will even check into building something especailly for your lack of staging ability. Haha

~TA
[email protected]
(662)-224-8972 EXT 336

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
check

Just to let everyone know....I received a check from Charles in the mail today. It is a personal check and is post dated for this coming Friday.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
To clearify everything with TCI.......... TCI isnt the problem here, they have been EXTRA considerate to repairing broken parts that were far from there problem. Repaired the broken parts with no questions asked. I also think another leading factor to the trannie failures was my driveshaft was too long and had the trannie in a bind. NEEDLESS to say whatever the problem was TCI repaired it for FREE no questions. Tony A is the man! Thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
pending check

charles just got ahold of me and said he's sending check that can be cashed on the 8th or at the latest the 11th I have given him to the 11th or else I'm gonna eat the $4550.00 we agreed on him re-paying me and turn everything I have over to the waycross police dept on tony banks instructions.Charles I hope this just isnt some more broken promises to buy time because for me time is up on the 11th.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Ben,

I thought that I explained all of this very clearly to you when this deal happened. But it's obvious that I must have not got my point accross. Just for the record, Charles bought the trans from someone else that is a dealer for us. The trans broke (I didn't know). Charles then bought another trans (for a spare) directly from TCI. Charles called me and said that he has sold the PRO-X (in JW bell and case) to someone but wanted it checked. That was the story that I was told. I specifically told you that if the tranny was not new and had damage, that we would take care of it because it was still in warranty. There was a band problem and one cross threaded hole in the case where the tailhousing bolts to the case. Instead of drilling and tapping the hole, we built it with a brand new case. Charles did have another issue with the spare trans that he bought from TCI too. The problem with both trans ended up being a shifter linkage problem, BUT TCI FIXED THE PROBLEM UNDER WARRANTY. TCI has went far and beyond with this whole deal and if you think that you need to have it torn down and checked, then so be it. Ben, call me with any questions that you might not understand the answers to. Don't use this forum to do it.

Mr. Zaffman, i'm curious to know the reason that you love TCI so much. If it's the lack of confidence from our product, and it's ability to handle horsepower, just ask Steve Petty (3,000 hp), Eric Dillard (2,600 hp), Zack Posey, and A.J. Powell (1,800 hp), Jason Lee, Chad Doyle, Bob Kurgan, Cameron Coble, Jason Smith, John Kolivas, Kevin Fiscus, Jack Barfield, Jason Mote, and i'm getting tired thinking!!!! Dude, give me a call and I will even check into building something especailly for your lack of staging ability. Haha

~TA
[email protected]
(662)-224-8972 EXT 336
For the record I had a TCI turbo 400 years ago brand new bought from summit it said it was x amount HP rated and my motor was far less and it broke I bought another 1 and the same problem happened. So my expirence with your product was a bad 1. I am pretty sure Petty/Lynch run the new ATI tranny not yours. As far as my car and staging it was a mechanical problem as to why it didnt work for most of last year and the fact the weld on the wastegate kept on breaking IE no boost!! And when I was racing mid 8 sec cars I would sit at the line trying to build boost I didnt have to worry about reacting due to the fact my car ran 7.4s on a bad day. Anyways like I said I dont know nothing about your Pro X tranny maybe its good maybe not but the 1 this guys selling was broke so thats all I need to know. I wont run a powerglide with my new combo I dont think they will hold up and the ATI Lynch is running cost about 7k and you dont even own it your leasing it so not interested in that. I will run a rossler 2.10 or his new 2 speed turbo!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
In our defense, without knowing your combo and the part number trans that you bought, I can't give you an accurate answer to why it broke.

As for Petty/Lynch running the ATI...you are correct. They did run our P/G and broke an input shaft after several passes. They had our TH400 in there for 70 passes and couldn't break it. ATI is doing things far more than trans and converters for them.....we choose to sponsor many more racers in various different motorsports, not just a few racers.

I truly am sorry that you had problems with our products and....if I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask or call. Thanks!

·
Registered
911 Posts
:-KFCDthings like this are handled differently in chicago there would be some serious shit happening every1 i race with ...ahhh lets just say they dont have that much pateince also tci trans. are for bracket racers 10. 00 and slower serious horse power requires serious transmissions :smt084

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry tony mt to post that u where a big help.After reciving phone calls about the the other trans deal and u are involved as well kinda makes a person wonder, what the deal is with u two.http://www.nmradigital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64647
Ben,

~TA
[email protected]
(662)-224-8972 EXT 336

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
In our defense, without knowing your combo and the part number trans that you bought, I can't give you an accurate answer to why it broke.

As for Petty/Lynch running the ATI...you are correct. They did run our P/G and broke an input shaft after several passes. They had our TH400 in there for 70 passes and couldn't break it. ATI is doing things far more than trans and converters for them.....we choose to sponsor many more racers in various different motorsports, not just a few racers.

I truly am sorry that you had problems with our products and....if I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask or call. Thanks!
No problem dude my issue was at that time I didnt want to ship it in for warranty service and lose racing time so I bought another 1 and had the same issue. The prob was the tranny wasnt strong enough for what I was doing it just took me 2 trannies to figure it out. I should of delt with someone 1st hand instead of buying 1 I just figured the advertised HP rating was all that mattered I found out different. IM just not big on shipping heavy shit rather have a local place do my work and if problems arise drive it to them. I now just follow the leader and use products that guys doing what I do or better use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I had one other guy call and ask me what kind of components were in the trans as well. I can only tell what I know. The man does have (or did have) 2 PRO-X glides. That's all I know...so for anyone else reading this, please don't call me for any info on this deal because I don't want someone getting the wrong perception about me or TCI. Thank you very much!:)

81 - 100 of 375 Posts