Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TCI 399754 flexplate. It came with 12 bolts of the same thread. But Six bolts are a little shorter than the others and also only Six have the Hard type thread lockin compound. I emailed tci with no response. Which six bolts go in the crank? The ones with loctite or the ones without Loctite? Whats your take?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The 6 with the locking compound are the crank, same as GM used-the others are for the conv., the stock
80E converter used 6 bolts. Whatever converter you are using may use a diff bolt/thread.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Its probably due to a difference in clearance beteween the back of the crank flange and the block. You need to measure to see if you have the clearance for the longer threads once the flexplate is installed. I would put two long ones on opposite each other then hand rotate the engine and see if they hit the block.

Knowing TCI, they probably bought the one length with pre-applied locking compound and the other didn't come with it.

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
I have a TCI 399754 flexplate. It came with 12 bolts of the same thread. But Six bolts are a little shorter than the others and also only Six have the Hard type thread lockin compound. I emailed tci with no response. Which six bolts go in the crank? The ones with loctite or the ones without Loctite? Whats your take?
The longer 6 of due to running the spacer if your converting to a T350/200R4 style trans, but still using the stock converter for those transmissions. You will need the spacer to correct converter snout length to crank flange coming up short.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That FP has a small spacer made on it, and with its offset lines up with the starter-you need the round spacer
that comes with it to fit a short snout converter (350, 400, 80E ) style.
For guys using the .400 spacer and stock 80E FP, ARP makes a bolt 244-2902 that fits.
I have tried just the round spacer and the curved FP, app. some of the spacers are to long.
Never understand why GM made something so simple so screwed up, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts