Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
layed the car down hard convertor was sent in and broke the stator had it repaired put in the car got a 4000 chip in it will only go up to 3000??took the chip out same thing has anybody had alot of problems with tci converters i had a coan in my last car and never any problems i'm just getting tired of taken the converter out and putting it back in just lookin for some info
specs 8" converter 6000 stall th400 with a brake 498 bbc 826 hp at 7200 640 ft lbs at 6800 32x14.5 tire 4.57 gear thanks josh

·
Registered
662 Posts
I deal a good bit with TCI. Did you let them know what it was doing and what did they say? Did the converter work for you before the wheelie? How many passes did you have on it before it took a dump?

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
what does "laid it down hard" mean?

you should answer tony's questions..this guy can help you alot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crushed a header tube, smashed the pan, pickup snaped off, bellhousing in 2 pieces sent the converter in stator went out had fixed put in car a week ago cannot get no more than 3800 out of it chip or no chip i'm tired of dealin with tci goin some where else

·
Registered
662 Posts
Did you check the stator support tube on the pump in the trans? With that much damage, you might have hurt the tube and covered the feed holes up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
had the converter cracked open turns out tci set it up too tight and was not the stall i was supposed to have and the sprag looked used i'm done with tci ain't taken another chance they aren't the ones underneath the car swaping it out every time.. tony had the trans completely gone threw just ain't very happy with tci i'm done with em thanks for your help

·
Registered
662 Posts
Im sorry that you have had so many problems! In their defense....I have had a lot of satisfied customers but yes...you are correct, it makes a big difference when you are the one swapping out the converters! If you ever need my assistance, please feel free to give me a shout! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts