783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 500 a fare price?Only 3 boxes shot thru it

bucket.com/user/bigdummy71/media/20140824_182016_zpsumafxvxq.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Opinions will vary, but that seems high to me. It kinda looks like a Tracker model, is it? Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
784 Posts
As usual with most Taurus products, you will have mixed reviews... For that price, I would def shoot several rounds through it before cash changes hand.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
every Taurus I own , I still own, ( more than 5)
and are ALOT more reliable than both of my S&W's and my colt's too!
same loads, same cleaning, same day shooting,
the taurus always shoots,
not so much for the other two.

I do not own a glock or sig, sold all of them.
just my opinion.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,464 Posts
Yes, it's a fair price if all of that is included IMO. Just depends on how saturated Armslist is in your area.
I've owned a few Taurus weapons.

Revolvers, are great. Zero issues, because it's a K.I.S.S. gun. (Keep it simple stupid)
In fact I actually LOVE the Taurus Raging Bulls and Raging Judges personally.

Automatics on the other hand, they can be finicky with ammunition and cycling properly.
I use a reloader whose ammo I know is better then most off the shelf BS junk they sell at the ranges.
I have no issues with my automatics using his ammo, but box ammo I have had repeated cycling issues with my 9mm.
So blame the gun, or blame the low quality junk ammo they sell at the ranges.......take your pick.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have an M44 and I couldn't guess how many 100s or 1000s of rounds I have shot with it and it is still as tight as the day I bought it. All of my Taurus pistols and revolvers have been trouble free. I shoot competition with a Taurus PT92 that has nothing more than a little trigger work and different sights. I have Kimbers, Berettas, S&W, Rock Arms stuff too. Granted, the high end hand guns look nicer, but the Taurus hand guns always fire for me. Without the extras, that M44 is worth $400.00 retail and if I was buying it, I would offer $350.00. Used is used regardless of how many times it has been fired. Used gun values never take into account how many times it has been fired unless it is unfired/new in the box.

Like others have said, firearms have a wide range of opinions on what is good, and what is junk. Kinda like the Porsche guys at the road race track. Everything other than a Porsche GT3 is a waste of time accorrding to them, but a new Corvette will run the same lap times and cost 1/3 the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts