Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM TAKING THE X BACK TO COURT SHE IS REFUSING TO LET OUR SON RACE HIS JR - DRAGSTER , NHRA REQUIRES BOTH PARENTS SIGNATURES OR PROOF OF SOLE CUSTODY OR A COURT ORDER TO LET HIM RACE. HAS ANYBODY GONE THROUGH THIS YET OR AM I PISSING MONEY AWAY FIGHTING FOR THIS ? BOTH MY KIDS 10 AND 8 RIDE DIRT BIKES, SNOWMOBILES, 4 WHEELERS, PLAY FOOTBALL , SOCCER , BASKETBALL , HOCKEY , BASEBALL , SOFTBALL, ETC... MY SON HAS BROKEN HIS COLLAR BONE PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH FRIENDS IN THE BACK YARD AND BROKEN HIS FOOT PLAYING FOOTBALL. THE X IS CLAIMING THE JR DRAGSTER IS TO DANGEROUS !! ANY FEEDBACK OR INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
What a Biatch!!! Sorry you are going through this. Sounds like your a great parent your kids are in a lot and she should be happy that you are supporting them in all that they want to be in...Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
IM TAKING THE X BACK TO COURT SHE IS REFUSING TO LET OUR SON RACE HIS JR - DRAGSTER , NHRA REQUIRES BOTH PARENTS SIGNATURES OR PROOF OF SOLE CUSTODY OR A COURT ORDER TO LET HIM RACE. HAS ANYBODY GONE THROUGH THIS YET OR AM I PISSING MONEY AWAY FIGHTING FOR THIS ? BOTH MY KIDS 10 AND 8 RIDE DIRT BIKES, SNOWMOBILES, 4 WHEELERS, PLAY FOOTBALL , SOCCER , BASKETBALL , HOCKEY , BASEBALL , SOFTBALL, ETC... MY SON HAS BROKEN HIS COLLAR BONE PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH FRIENDS IN THE BACK YARD AND BROKEN HIS FOOT PLAYING FOOTBALL. THE X IS CLAIMING THE JR DRAGSTER IS TO DANGEROUS !! ANY FEEDBACK OR INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Do a little research on how many kids have been hurt racing as opposed to athletics.I would bet it will astonish the judge.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Save your $$$$$, unless she gives the OK for your kids to race, There's not a damm thing you can do or a lawyer for that matter. Best thing to do is stay friends with her regardless of how much she pisses you off, Let he know how much this means to your kids, also the fact if thier grades aren't @ a "C" level or above they don't race until it is. What ever you do don't talk shit to her
Good Luck

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,460 Posts
Obviously you have a computer, so start compiling data for the hearing Judge. Provide a list for each of the sports your boy plays.

Each sport should show non injuries, injuries and death. You're going to need at least 100 cases for each sport. 1000 cases would be even better.

If it can be shown to the hearing Judge that Racing Jr Dragster has a low percentage of injury or death compared to the other sports, or no related injury or death, the hearing judge will take that in consideration after he has talked to the boy in private chambers to see what sports the boy really has an interests in.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Yep, the danger aspect of this is purely a perception problem, and is not founded.. I have to deal with bullshit all the time between my X and daughter, but since I have tried not to battle with her, and just let her flap her jaw, and keep my mouth shut more, things have been smoother, also, it doesn't hurt that my daughter is now 15 y/o, it makes it much more difficult for my X to brainwash my daughter, she is smart, and sees right through most of it, and just resents her for it, so she doesn't pull much bullshit on either one of us much, anymore, but she still tries..

I didn't mean to get off on my own story, but understand, you are not alone, and it could be much worse, I have been there, believe me!! I wish you luck with this issue, and you guys need to sit down and discuss this, it would not hurt to be able to bring some stats, like something from NHRA as for the injury stats.. She will see that it is a very safe sport, much more-so then any of the other sports they are involved with.. Sounds like you may have some decent kids, and you are very involved in their lives..

Quote from a shirt my daughter got me, as well as a plaque she got me that sits on my desk..

"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad..."

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THIS WHOLE DEAL IS MY KIDS PLAY EVERY SPORT OUT THERE WE HAVE DIRT BIKES ,FOUR WHEELERS , SKATE BOARDS, ETC.. SHE IS ONLY DOING THIS TO BUST MY BALLS BECAUSE MY FAMILY RACES AND ENJOYS IT. SHE IS USING MY SON AS A PAWN TO PISS ME OFF AND SHES THE ONE WHO HAD AN AFFAIR WHEN WE WEE MARRIED!!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HERE ARE SOME STATISTICS I HAVE FOUND ON SPORT RELATED INJURIES WITH KIDS.

Consider the most recent statistics from the SAFE KIDS Campaign:

basketball
More than 205,400 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for basketball-related injuries.
baseball and softball
Nearly 108,300 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for baseball-related injuries. Baseball also has the highest fatality rate among sports for children ages 5 to 14, with three to four children dying from baseball injuries each year.
bicycling
Nearly 285,000 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for bicycle-related injuries.
football
Almost 185,700 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for football-related injuries.
ice skating
Nearly 10,600 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for ice skating-related injuries.
in-line skating
Nearly 27,200 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for in-line skating-related injuries.
skateboarding
More than 50,000 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for skateboarding-related injuries.
sledding
More than 15,000 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for sledding-related injuries.
snow skiing/snowboarding
More than 35,000 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for snow boarding and snow skiing-related injuries.
soccer
About 75,000 children ages five to 14 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for soccer-related injuries.
trampolines
Nearly 80,000 children ages 14 and under were treated in hospital emergency rooms for trampoline-related injuries.
ice hockey
According to a study published in the journal Pediatrics, over 18,000 young people under the age of 18 were treated in Emergency Departments for ice hockey-related injuries in 2001-2002.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Family courts are so one sided, Unless you can prove her to be a unfit parent the courts will ALWAYS SIDE WITH HER
You can show up with all of the pro's & con's of sports injuries, Chances are what she wants she'll get.
Sorry if this is not what yuo want to hear, but family court SUCKS & parents use the courts as payback for something you did in the past

THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THIS WHOLE DEAL IS MY KIDS PLAY EVERY SPORT OUT THERE WE HAVE DIRT BIKES ,FOUR WHEELERS , SKATE BOARDS, ETC.. SHE IS ONLY DOING THIS TO BUST MY BALLS BECAUSE MY FAMILY RACES AND ENJOYS IT. SHE IS USING MY SON AS A PAWN TO PISS ME OFF AND SHES THE ONE WHO HAD AN AFFAIR WHEN WE WEE MARRIED!!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just be careful what you post up on the Net - don't need any of this shit coming back and bitting you in the ass.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Would/does she have any relatives like a mother, father, brother, or sister that you could plead to. So they could in return talk to her about it letting them race?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Save your $$$$$, unless she gives the OK for your kids to race, There's not a damm thing you can do or a lawyer for that matter. Best thing to do is stay friends with her regardless of how much she pisses you off, Let he know how much this means to your kids, also the fact if thier grades aren't @ a "C" level or above they don't race until it is. What ever you do don't talk shit to her
Good Luck
X2 As long a sshe says's no that is what it will be. I delt with this shit for 15 years and you can not win! All they care about is the womans point of view. Just keep your mouth shut and swollow your pride till the kids are 18 or she can make your life hell.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Heck if you have any pictures of your kids on websites that she doesn't like, she can have the Judge make you take them all down or face incarceration / fines or both........Again Family court is NO JOKE

1 - 20 of 52 Posts