Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,323 Posts
I happened to tune in live on youtube about the time a guy on a street looking bike do a wheelie and it fell on top of him. Was he alright?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I happened to tune in live on youtube about the time a guy on a street looking bike do a wheelie and it fell on top of him. Was he alright?
There were a few blow overs, one looked really bad.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Damn that sucks

This is the one I was talking about, if its not timestamped here go to 2:28:08 ish

https://youtu.be/OdEp-c7SROg?t=8888
Yes that was bad, do they wear back protectors? Some of these guys may want to invest in the airbag that is tethered to your bike, as soon as it snaps it blows up around your back and neck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think the guy whose bike landed on top of him, broke a couple of vertibrae. And I won SuperComp:rock:

Congrats, i wanna give drag racing a shot. Question for you how to the bikes tune for an index, with cars they have throttle stops.

·
Registered
99 Posts
And Terry Schweigert went 6.19 @218 on a turbo pro mod, can he be the first non fuel bike in the fives?

I'm thinking it will be. Watching the 6.19 it was an easy run. After talking to some who are involved in the bike it makes the turbo bike look a bit more interesting?

·
Registered
284 Posts
AJCJR,

It depends on the bike. For years we ran a small engine, 1075cc kawasaki. Since the bikes' best et on motor was 9.09, we had to spray it to hit the index of 8.90. We had some good and bad luck doing this. Most guys run a bigger motor and throttle stop it. I just went to a 1327 MTC kit, low compression, and can run 8.885 consistently, so it doesn't take much to slow it down. Just need to tree the hell out of the other guy.

Triple,

We had over 60 bikes in SC. Not sure of the actual number. I had to run 6, maybe 7 rounds, as they messed up the ladder bad and there were some pissed off people. I'm just glad I ended up the winner. My first National Event. It feels GOOD!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
AJCJR,

It depends on the bike. For years we ran a small engine, 1075cc kawasaki. Since the bikes' best et on motor was 9.09, we had to spray it to hit the index of 8.90. We had some good and bad luck doing this. Most guys run a bigger motor and throttle stop it. I just went to a 1327 MTC kit, low compression, and can run 8.885 consistently, so it doesn't take much to slow it down. Just need to tree the hell out of the other guy.

Triple,

We had over 60 bikes in SC. Not sure of the actual number. I had to run 6, maybe 7 rounds, as they messed up the ladder bad and there were some pissed off people. I'm just glad I ended up the winner. My first National Event. It feels GOOD!
wow i didnt know they had throttle stops for bikes, pretty cool.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Yes that was bad, do they wear back protectors? Some of these guys may want to invest in the airbag that is tethered to your bike, as soon as it snaps it blows up around your back and neck.
I was using the Hit Air tethered airbag for my circuit track days.Had a highside in april.Airbag did it's job but I still landed hard on my tailbone. Vest was torn up at only about 40mph.Becomes disposable.I sent my brand new leathers back to Vanson to have them modified to fit the Alpine Star tech air inside the jacket.Microprocessor controlled.I can use it in both my alpine star track day leathers and my vanson leathers. Vanson just recently announced they have teamed up with Helite airbags.Matt and Vanson are ahead of the game in drag racing leathers.The Alpine star also incorporates a back protector.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I was using the Hit Air tethered airbag for my circuit track days.Had a highside in april.Airbag did it's job but I still landed hard on my tailbone. Vest was torn up at only about 40mph.Becomes disposable.I sent my brand new leathers back to Vanson to have them modified to fit the Alpine Star tech air inside the jacket.Microprocessor controlled.I can use it in both my alpine star track day leathers and my vanson leathers. Vanson just recently announced they have teamed up with Helite airbags.Matt and Vanson are ahead of the game in drag racing leathers.The Alpine star also incorporates a back protector.

Cool, if you wouldnt mind can you send me the info on vanson, i was going to biy the helite best with room for the hump but i would be interested in the vanson deal as well.

I also use http://www.impactarmor.com/ under my leathers, custom for your body at an amazing price.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I wear chest and back armour under my leathers and at NHDRO and man cup races I've never seen anyone else do that (at least in street et and street fighter). To me it seems like a lot of added safety for not a lot of weight or inconvenience so I'm surprised it's so uncommon.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I wear chest and back armour under my leathers and at NHDRO and man cup races I've never seen anyone else do that (at least in street et and street fighter). To me it seems like a lot of added safety for not a lot of weight or inconvenience so I'm surprised it's so uncommon.
yeah i may over do it but at 45 better safe than sorry. I hope to and have never flipped a bike but those impacts seem rough, a little bit of armour can go a long way.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The tech-air is the best, nitrodee which one did you get? My son is having the race version fitted to his custom suit as its being made. I spent a lot of time looking at leathers and safety gear when he was racing Superbike. Then when he decided to go back to drag racing I looked at the Vanson leathers, people wont like this but I think they are a long way behind in the safety department.

When it comes to safety equipment I always work on "When it happens Not if it happens"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts