Yellow Bullet Forums banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
It showed that his argument was not well thought out.
More Ad Hominem yawn.
ok senator. You take time to make threads about everything else under the sun. Go make one proving you are anti welfare. Shouldn’t be hard, you like to post “facts” and claim to not be in favor of it.
so get to work so we know you aren’t a bullschmidter on that subject too.

oh and be specific and show data. Especially charts and graphs.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
ok senator. You take time to make threads about everything else under the sun. Go make one proving you are anti welfare. Shouldn’t be hard, you like to post “facts” and claim to not be in favor of it.
so get to work so we know you aren’t a bullschmidter on that subject too.

oh and be specific and show data. Especially charts and graphs.
That was easy as I posted on that topic this morning.
See below:
That was the final post, no one added to it.
I don't think you understand my criteria for threads that I create or post in.

#152 14 h ago
GTAShief said:
So you are for BLM? Not what it is actually suppose to stand for, but everything it consists of.
I think there was some truth to the idea that Blacks are treated unfairly.
When I worked in software development, of course there were a lot of people from China and India that immigrated to the USA.
I was kind of the Go-To guy for how to adapt to living in Southern California, where to live, how to buy a car etc. so they talked to me a lot about their struggles.
As you may have noticed, some people from India have very dark skin, they look sort of black.
These people are the most mild and polite people that you can imagine, most of them are vegetarians.
The interesting thing is the dark skinned Indians would get pulled over and treated very roughly, but the light skinned ones and the Chinese didn't have that experience.

So I can see the point of grievance.

It is easy for me to say that what we have now is over-boiled but I have never been a victim of mistreatment so I don't have any built up resentment from it.
The protests have gotten out of hand; that said, sometimes you have to let an angry person vent. If you tell them to shut-up, the rage will just build-up and come out later.
I'm sure if you have had an angry wife or girlfriend, you have seen how well telling them that they are over reacting, or "shut up" works (it makes the problem worse).

So I think we need to look at the root cause of all this and see if we can fix it.

I think the root cause originated with a combination of 2 opposite things:
On the one hand discrimination
On the other hand dependency on welfare (intended to be a solution to discrimination)

Obviously that has gone on since the 60's and had created a dysfunctional culture.

A culture that dysfunctional won't be reversed quickly, it will probably take multiple generations.

To my thinking, the best place to start is admitting the mistakes made on all sides and mapping a way out.

With regards to kneeling at sporting events, I am not upset by that. Kneeling seems like a dignified way to protest compared to the alternatives.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
no need to pretend, the facts are indisputable.................4.295 billion in a record profit in 2018, due to TARIFFS!
They lost about 3 billion in 2018 market cap using the most generous choice of peaks and valley to make it look not so bad.
Subtract that from the profit, then you are getting closer to what happened to the health of the company.

It is actually worse than that though.
The stock had downward momentum in a climbing market.
Until you understand why that is you are not getting the big picture.

·
Registered
24,090 Posts
no need to pretend, the facts are indisputable.................4.295 billion in a record profit in 2018, due to TARIFFS!
all the senator is doing, is throwing out red herrings...........facts are simple and indisputable, since trump placed tariffs on steel and aluminum, americas steel companies have gone from barely getting by, to record profits............US Steel has been poorly managed, and did not modernize when they should have, now, with the help of increased steel prices, they are starting to modernize their plants and streamline production, eventually they too shall be more efficient, all due to tariffs. which by the way will also keep americas metals manufacturing at home and independent of others, like china...............win win..........tough shit Senator BullSchmidt, no matter how you try to spin it, this is good for the country.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
all the senator is doing, is throwing out red herrings...........facts are simple and indisputable, since trump placed tariffs on steel and aluminum, americas steel companies have gone from barely getting by, to record profits............US Steel has been poorly managed, and did not modernize when they should have, now, with the help of increased steel prices, they are starting to modernize their plants and streamline production, eventually they too shall be more efficient, all due to tariffs. which by the way will also keep americas metals manufacturing at home and independent of others, like china...............win win..........tough shit Senator BullSchmidt, no matter how you try to spin it, this is good for the country.
You have to combine profits with market cap to get the big picture.

This should help you understand the consequences of Trumps tariffs.

A new government study shows how Trump’s tariffs have backfired
Trump promised to revive manufacturing with tariffs. A Federal Reserve study finds he did the opposite.
They did exactly what economics predicted they would do.

·
Registered
24,090 Posts
You have to combine profits with market cap to get the big picture.

This should help you understand the consequences of Trumps tariffs.

A new government study shows how Trump’s tariffs have backfired
Trump promised to revive manufacturing with tariffs. A Federal Reserve study finds he did the opposite.
They did exactly what economics predicted they would do.

wrong, we don't have to add, subtract, multiply, nor divide, in order to achieve the desired numbers that you wish to arrive at due to your agenda. Your bullshit is simply just that irrelevant bullshit, meant to drive your narrative......its very black and white, so simple even a third grader can comprehend it.................RECORD PROFITS due to TARIFFS, and you cannot dispute that fact.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
wrong, we don't have to add, subtract, multiply, nor divide, in order to achieve the desired numbers that you wish to arrive at due to your agenda. Your bullshit is simply just that irrelevant bullshit, meant to drive your narrative......its very black and white, so simple even a third grader can comprehend it.................RECORD PROFITS due to TARIFFS, and you cannot dispute that fact.
The purpose of business is to return value to the stock holders.
The stock value declined in a rising market.
Sorry, nice try, but it was a failure.
I suppose he meant well, but he went against economic theory and history only to find out the theory is correct.

They received welfare at the expense of tax payers and stock value loss for the shareholders of the company.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
From Drudge Report:
Looks like the second derivative is positive (concave going up), that is a sign that we are accelerating worse..

·
Registered
24,090 Posts
The purpose of business is to return value to the stock holders.
The stock value declined in a rising market.
Sorry, nice try, but it was a failure.
I suppose he meant well, but he went against economic theory and history only to find out the theory is correct.

They received welfare at the expense of tax payers and stock value loss for the shareholders of the company.
blah blah blah...............keep twisting in the wind senator bullschmidt, it is amusing

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Dr Savoy, looks like Trump admin disagrees with you.

Trump Admin:

Dr. Deborah Birx on Sunday said the US is in a new phase in its fight against the coronavirus pandemic, saying that the deadly virus is more widespread than when it first took hold in the US earlier this year.
"What we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas," Birx, the White House coronavirus task force coordinator, told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union."
Birx stressed that Americans need to follow health recommendations, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
"To everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune or protected from this virus," Birx said. "If you're in multi-generational households, and there's an outbreak in your rural area or in your city, you need to really consider wearing a mask at home, assuming that you're positive, if you have individuals in your households with comorbidities."

"This epidemic right now is different and it's more widespread and it's both rural and urban," she added.
A new ensemble forecast, published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, projects more than 173,000 American deaths by August 22, and former US Food and Drug Administrator Dr. Scott Gottlieb warned on CNBC last month that the coronavirus death toll could double to 300,000 deaths by the end of the year, if the country doesn't change its trajectory.

·
Registered
24,090 Posts

no, not facts, just another graph/chart/stats created by someone with a narrative need to drive an agenda. whether to influence stocks or investors, or to cover up something.........but, there is always an agenda.....always.........one fact does remain clear though................record profits thanks to tariffs.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
no, not facts, just another graph/chart/stats created by someone with a narrative need to drive an agenda. whether to influence stocks or investors, or to cover up something.........but, there is always an agenda.....always.........one fact does remain clear though................record profits thanks to tariffs.
I get why you are focused on profit, sadly, the stock went the other way and cancels that out.
You obviously know that but won't admit it because it makes the tariffs a loser.

The market cap is a simple calculation, there is no opinion involved.
If you don't include that in the analysis, you are avoiding a complete understanding.

·
Registered
24,090 Posts
I get why you are focused on profit, sadly, the stock went the other way and cancels that out.
You obviously know that but won't admit it because it makes the tariffs a loser.

The market cap is a simple calculation, there is no opinion involved.
If you don't include that in the analysis, you are avoiding a complete understanding.
this is a circular argument, yours is the swirl of a toilet being flushed, and mine simply relies upon a fact. your market cap is a red herring, completely made up, by someone with an agenda............a dog can get more accurate info smelling another dogs pile, than anyone can get with a chart/graph/stat..........................record profits due to tariffs!......fact!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Perhaps market cap values are determined by the free will of the investors in the market. The value of the stock is determined by the perception of the potential for earnings no? If other opportunities arise in a strong economy, or perceived issues in the market crop up, there is no doubt that a particular company or even an entire sector may have market caps affected. No doubt the tariffs would have some investors pull out of the company. Perhaps they are second guessing their decision due to the profits and potential for dividends. Who knows?

Your reference study by the Fed cites job losses and increased cost to manufacturers and consumers. Look at the unemployment rate which is steadily declining even with some loss in manufacturing jobs, .6% by some studies. The move to manufacturing in China is all cost related. But at what overall and immeasurable cost? Bottom line is Nucor made money and employed American workers, the second point being the main reason tariffs were pushed. Why does everything have to be low cost tone acceptable? I believe a slightly higher cost in an economy where salaries are higher is not too bad a trade off if the goods are being manufactured in the US.

I noticed in your quote of Dr. Birx she noted social distancing, wearing masks and following health guidelines, not hiding at home, locking down businesses and an entire economy.
Sounds reasonable. It’s a virus. People will get it. Most will get better. A small percentage will not. It has happened several times in history. When it started here people either acted responsibly or they did not, and some suffered the consequences. Many died due to negligence of the system supposed to protect them. Spin it the way you want, but the leaders in the communities that were hit initially played it off as nothing. My county in NNJ had roughly 22K positive cases out of 2.2M tests with roughly 1900 deaths. The lockdowns in NJ made sense due to the close communities, but rates are low now. As methods of treatment evolve and progress more people will recover. I’m not downplaying it because at first It did put a strain on the hospitals, although the emergency measures never really got utilized. I don’t understand how hospitals across the US are being overwhelmed as they had months to develop a strategy and boost potential capacity, learning from the experience in the NE.

Time to live and work safe and move on.

181 - 200 of 229 Posts