Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After jumping through some hoops, I had my main cross bar located, and started to cut and notch tubes to support it.
I thought things were looking tight to the 4 link bars, so after mocking the diff up into place, I realize that the main cross tube should be narrowed to allow for use of all the 4 link holes. The main lower tube support comes up at an angle from the bottom main cross member, but as it comes up it also is tipped outward. They starts out 15inches apart at the bottom to 22 1/4" at the top (outside to outside)
My question is, if I narrow the rails up to give the room needed for the 4 link, what do I give up? Anything, or is this normal to go a bit narrower? The print says 22 1/4" outside measurement of tail section, and I'm thinking of going to 20".
It's a bit frustrating talking with the guys at Bickel, because it's an older blueprint, but it was built in their shop at some point

Pat

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The interference is the inside of the 4 link upper bar to the main lower support tube (this is the one that holds the lower tail X member) That tube starts off narrow and low and goes up and outward to hold the crossmember. If I put a narrower cross member in (and thus narrow the tail section), that tube won't go outward far enough to interfere with the top 4 link bar.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If your talking about what I think your talking about, I find this to be the most annoying thing on that style prints.

What is your 4 link center to center? Make you tail section narrower than your 4 link to accomodate the anti roll, you will be ALOT happier in the long run. Being this is for a Chevelle(if I remember correctly), you may have a wide 4 link anyway, but all modern bodies have approx 16" 4 link centers. This makes it tough with a Bickel print chassis to fit the anti roll.

I'm sure Kyle will have some pics, this is the way he does it, along with RJRC and others.

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 4 link c-c is 20 inches. This was determined from the modular M/W rearend.
The width of the tail is only a problem because of where this main support tube comes up.

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could even go as narrow as 17 7/8 inch c-c on the tail section. Again, this is determined by the way the housing is already constructed. This would put my shock spuds under the main lower tail tubes.

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question to add to the mix-
What is minimum side clearance from rear tire to outside frame tube (tail section) I have the big 34.5's to fit under this boat of mine. I read someone talk about corcerns of the tire moving around a bunch when the car gets into tire shake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts