Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a powerglide in a big tire car that make 850-900hp. I built the glide for it and after the first outing noticed the front yoke had a lot more play in it that it did initially. I put a new rear bushing in the tail housing but think maybe I should move to a heavy duty tail with a bearing. What is the strongest way to run this setup? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a powerglide in a big tire car that make 850-900hp. I built the glide for it and after the first outing noticed the front yoke had a lot more play in it that it did initially. I put a new rear bushing in the tail housing but think maybe I should move to a heavy duty tail with a bearing. What is the strongest way to run this setup? Any suggestions appreciated.
Check your pinion angle!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pinion angle is good.

Is there a good heavy tail housing that I could put on the stock glide case with a bearing that would require no other mods?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I think if you go with a good tailshaft with a roller bearing, you need to get a new slip yoke that is nitrite coated. I think it has to do with wear. I get mine from Strange. About $180

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you can't keep a bushing from going bad, you will not keep the bearing set up trouble free. You have some other problem. The bearing set up is only to reduce frictional losses, not to fix side load problems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i run a roller bearing ati tail housing in a glide--------no problems.
if you go this way, make sure you install a hardened yoke

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions. I already have a Strange hardened front yoke. So who do I go to for this piece, ATI, ???

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Yea...I think they are all about the same...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts