Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I've ordered 2 covers from two different transmission places and for some reason neither can get me the right cover.

One place sent me a cover with a bushing and the other sent me a cover for a small yoke.

I need a shorty glide tail housing cover with a roller bearing.
I'm using a strange yoke part # U1664N which is nothing special.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The original cover is a BTE cover. (It says it's for a 400 yoke)
The outer seal is a P134743A .
The bearing is a RNA 4908.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You should have said you need a shorty cover for a powerglide with a 400 output shaft. I can't read your f-ing mind.

Hutch
Thank you for being a dick. I didn't expect that from you. I'll politely ask again. Can you tell me where I can get one since I've already ordered 2 and they are both wrong? I'd like to at least know for sure the next one I order is from somebody that knows what I need and sends me the correct part.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Thank you for being a dick. I didn't expect that from you. I'll politely ask again. Can you tell me where I can get one since I've already ordered 2 and they are both wrong? I'd like to at least know for sure the next one I order is from somebody that knows what I need and sends me the correct part.

Thanks
Bad choice of words. :smt113

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts

Thanks
Sorry , had a bad day dealing with half stories and this just finished it off. You dealt with others already , let them figure it out.

Hutch

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
THIS will get you the right one every time....simply try asking your suppliers again for
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.

"a shorty cover for a powerglide with a 400 output shaft"

I know BTE and Coan had them less then a week ago

You may want to thank Hutch for his help....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
THIS will get you the right one every time....simply try asking your suppliers again for
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.

"a shorty cover for a powerglide with a 400 output shaft"

I know BTE and Coan had them less then a week ago

You may want to thank Hutch for his help....

^5 ^5 ^5:smt113

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry , had a bad day dealing with half stories and this just finished it off. You dealt with others already , let them figure it out.

Hutch
U always this grumpy? Ive read lots of post by you and you have always been very helpful to others. I thought I would ask for some help and possible buy some parts from a fellow YB member that sold transmission parts.

I did not know there was a difference in a powerglide shaft (Regular 350 shaft) and a 400 shaft. Thats why i was on here asking for help. I called and told a trans shop that I had a shorty glide (with roller bearing cover) and the part # to the yoke i was using (i didnt know it was a "400" yoke until i started this thread)
and they sent me a 350 yoke cover.

Thanks for the help guys. I called Alan Pope today and he's got what I need. Should have called him to start with.

Thanks

2,155 Posts
U always this grumpy? Ive read lots of post by you and you have always been very helpful to others. I thought I would ask for some help and possible buy some parts from a fellow YB member that sold transmission parts.

I did not know there was a difference in a powerglide shaft (Regular 350 shaft) and a 400 shaft. Thats why i was on here asking for help. I called and told a trans shop that I had a shorty glide (with roller bearing cover) and the part # to the yoke i was using (i didnt know it was a "400" yoke until i started this thread)

Thanks for the help guys. I called Alan Pope today and he's got what I need. Should have called him to start with.

Thanks
Just out of curiosity, if you knew it was a BTE part why didn't you just call BTE in the first place? Do you want another brand?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

Thanks
It would help if you provide correct and all information. You have no idea how tiring it is trying to get information from some people.

You almost have to shove sticks under their finger nails.

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts

Thanks
No , Im actually a saint. Im not here to pry info from you as I had to do and that just wastes me time. You knew it was a T400 output as you posted the yoke part number in the first post so don't act surprised. The proper info in the first post would have got you the answer you wanted in the second post. Here we are many posts later wasting even more time.

Next time , do just a little work before posting , it will help progress greatly.

Hutch

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just out of curiosity, if you knew it was a BTE part why didn't you just call BTE in the first place? Do you want another brand?
This transmission is a BTE, but it came in a truck that I bought about 8 years ago. I sold the truck as a roller and kept the trans. (It has been rebuilt before since I've had it).
I ordered a cover from Summit that said it had a roller bearing, but it had a bushing in it instead. I returned it and ordered another from a trans shop that has
supported a lot of races I go to with a contingency program. I do not have any of their products, but figured I would buy something from them because of their support to us.
Of course I knew it was a shorty glide, but all I knew was the part # off the yoke once I pulled it out. That's why I gave the yoke part # to them and posted it on here.
After my post Hutch posted
"Define a bearing cover for a "small yoke"? A roller bearing tailhousing normally takes a slightly undersize hardened yoke." and I replied "WAY too small. Yoke want even come close to fitting in it."

At that point I started looking for the specs on the yoke and that's when I found it was for a 400 shaft and posted that a few minutes later.
Sorry, but until then I didn't know what I had and is the entire reason I started this thread.
Anyway, it's all good and I have the correct part on the way.

If anybody needs a brand new (never installed) shorty glide, roller bearing, tail housing cover for a 350 shaft let me know. I'm not trying to sell it. It is free and I will pay shipping. Just PM me an address and I'll ship it to you. ("Pay it forward")

1 - 16 of 16 Posts