Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Platinum Subscriber
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about throwing a few upgrades onto my Rem. 870 Express, anyone here have any pics or suggestions?
:smt071

·
Registered
635 Posts
For home defense all I can recommend is a mag extension tube, an 18" or 20" (maximum) barrel and a pressure switched 'mini mag lite' flashlight attached to the mag tube ..... I still think the 870 is the best pump out there. JMO.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Strobing light, tactical stock, mag extension, iron sights.

·
Platinum Subscriber
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's how she sits now;

18.5" barrel, shortened stock.

sandblasted/sealed trigger & release.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Tactical stock and mag tube extension if you want. Get that pistol grip off there. They're retarded.

·
888 Posts
Tactical stock and mag tube extension if you want. Get that pistol grip off there. They're retarded.
No, they're not. I have a few shotguns with a pistol grip and several without including a few S12's.
I've shot all of those with a pistol grip, and as long as you know what you're in for when you pull the trigger, they are fine. I load them with low-brass or low-recoil shells, so it softens the bite a little. I like being able to tuck them in an armoire, or nook and there's no denying they are more easily manuevered in a tight space like a hallway or stairwell.
Here's a pic of one I grabbed at a show a few weeks ago...

One of my S12's...

S.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
here is my 870 supermag..i want to get an extended tube..it has a choate stock that is very confortable.

other gun is my wifes saiga 410 with a 15rd mag..great shooting gun.she started with a single shot,then i bought her a pump and now an automatic..this would be a kickass gun if it was full auto.LOL

next on the list is a modded saiga 12 with a 20rd drum.

i have a stage coach double barrel 12guage..its short and would be good close quarters..ever seen what 18dimes will do to a steer?LOL..from sherriff bob i think.

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Why would someone get a pump shotgun for a HD gun when a semi would be faster?

Are pumps more reliable?

·
Friendly Shit Stirrer
17,285 Posts
Why would someone get a pump shotgun for a HD gun when a semi would be faster?

Are pumps more reliable?

As a rule pumps are more reliable. Just don't short shuck it.

I use a short barreled remington model 31. I t doesn't have a disconecter. I just hold down on the trigger and pump like mad :)

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Sorry but I've shoot combat matches for many years. IPSC, IDPA and three gun matches. I've seen many pumps kick semi's butts. Some pump brands will fire with the trigger held back as fast as you can index the pump. Try going to some matches and you will get an education.

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Tell me more about this gun, looks nicely built. Thanks!!
Franchi spas 12 autoloader basically a semi auto/pump room broom that makes a very load bang and an awfully big hole with slugs!!!!They're banned in the U.S. because they are considered a distructive device and they're Italian made,you might be able to find one on www.gunbroker.com for around $1,200.00

1 - 20 of 37 Posts