Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these worth a damn?? i have a customer with 2 brand new turbos, wastegates, and some other e-bay junk.. and he wants me to tune this thing after HE cobbles it up, and gets it running. anyone mess with these turbos?? would 2 of them support a 900 hp sbc?? i only mess with the precision and turbonetics turbos.... i know nothing of these cheapie looking turbos...:smt084

·
Registered
553 Posts
if u feel better put precision and turbonetics stickers on it..

can a Hyundai take u to the same store a Honda does... yes

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other info on these??:rolleyes:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
are these worth a damn?? i have a customer with 2 brand new turbos, wastegates, and some other e-bay junk.. and he wants me to tune this thing after HE cobbles it up, and gets it running. anyone mess with these turbos?? would 2 of them support a 900 hp sbc?? i only mess with the precision and turbonetics turbos.... i know nothing of these cheapie looking turbos...:smt084
900 hp probably not. We have seen some guy get away with some of the cheap e-bay stuff. We have also seen some of it destroy themselves!

The thing do you want to put your name on a build with a pile of e-bay parts?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
buddy ran one on his eclipse. made 360 awhp on 20lbs and lasted about 4 days before the seals went, then bearings a few min later

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
They make great door stops.

In all seriousness, stay away from those turbos. They are flat junk. The thrust bearing is made of marsh mellow and the units are not rotor group balanced...just component balanced which is NOT good unless you plan to run the turbo on a 1200 rpm commercial diesel generator. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hear you robert... but im just gonna tune it for him.. but i was just looking for real world info on these cheapie turbos... i already warned him!! but some people learn really slow!!! and we know what that costs!!!:cool: thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
please keep us posted on this and how the tuning and aftercare goes !!

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts