Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any real world experience with these? I've done some searching and haven't turned up much info on them. What are their intentended applications and their limitations?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I run the T&D sportsmans on a BBC.They are a little more work to install as you have to pin each one but they are alot nicer than using rockers and stud girdles.I have not had any problems with mine.

·
Registered
14,869 Posts
My opinion on sportsman shaft rockers is mixed. I like the adjustability of the shaft rocker, but I don't think the individual stands offer any advantage over a stud mount system with a girdle. I think if you're going to take the time and spend the money, you might as well go with the one piece stand set-up and be done with it rather than only half way.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
My opinion on sportsman shaft rockers is mixed. I like the adjustability of the shaft rocker, but I don't think the individual stands offer any advantage over a stud mount system with a girdle. I think if you're going to take the time and spend the money, you might as well go with the one piece stand set-up and be done with it rather than only half way.
I agree .... the one-piece rocker stand is the cats ass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a dealer for T&D and i can tell you there is nothing wrong with the sportsman but if your going to have motor with alot of valve spring and are going to turn the thing hard then the only way to go is a 1 piece stand.

·
Registered
563 Posts
We are a dealer as well. Maybe if you let us know what would be your intent we could help you decide if they would be good for the application or not.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess your replies are about what I expected. I really don't know much about shaft systems but I do know that I am really pushing the limit of 5/16 pushrods. I am wanting to send my Dart Pro 1 230's in for cnc and that leaves me no room for 3/8 without offset or shaft rockers.

I run a pretty tame combo that should fall between 650 and 700hp this year. Naturally Aspirated 427 sbc, Ultradyne 276/283 @ .050, 456/426 lobe lift, springs are 250# and 600#. Wanting to run to 7500 rpm this year to take some advantage of intake and head work. I currently run Comp 1.52 rockers with girdles, but want to go to 1.6 on the intakes anyway. Mainly brackets with occasional heads up index racing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts