Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up my t-brake, blows 20 amp fuse when the ground wire is hooked up.Everything is new I bought this trans a year ago am just getting car together.Sounds to me like the coil in the siloniod is shorted.Is this just a remove and replace or is there anything that needs adjusting.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Use an ohm meter to verify the solonoid is/not shorted. If your ohm meter showes a direct short, it needs to be replaced.
The larger solonoids normally show around 30 ohms resistance.
The larger style solonoides are rebuildable if the internal winding is burnt/shorted.
Regardless of what type of transmission your dealing with, a simple path of battery through your TB switch to one side of the solonoid, is all that should be required.
If you remove the battery lead from the solonoid and apply the TB switch, do you still blow the fuse? If so your problem is some where between your switch and the wire up to the solonoid.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it apart, checked the ohms on the coil.Put it back together and it works fine now.The coil cover is dome shaped and plunger has a flat plate on the back of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts