Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about it and is it worth it for a daily driver? How many miles between oil changes do you go? I use it in my Expedition which I only put about 5000 miles a year so I change it once a year.But with the wife's Escape,which she drives to work,etc.I need to know when to change it on a regular interval.Thanks in advance for the help. Mark

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
I would skip it for only 5K a year. Better to change non-syn every three or four thousand and get all the condensation out instead. I run it for 8K in my wife's vehicle but I spin a new filter on at 4K and add a quart of makeup oil. She drives 15K a year for some unknown fucking reason!

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
we offer AMSOIL synthetics oils ,

Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil, Normal Service– Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

XL Extended Life Synthetic Motor Oil,provide superior performance for up to 10,000-miles/six months

OE Synthetic Motor Oils, are recommended for the intervals stated by the vehicle manufacturer or indicated by the oil life monitoring system

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Walmart has Motorcraft semi-synthetic pretty reasonable.
Comes in a 5 quart jug.

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
we offer AMSOIL synthetics oils ,

Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil, Normal Service– Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

XL Extended Life Synthetic Motor Oil,provide superior performance for up to 10,000-miles/six months

OE Synthetic Motor Oils, are recommended for the intervals stated by the vehicle manufacturer or indicated by the oil life monitoring system
Now you want to sell him some, i take it :p:smt082

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
Now you want to sell him some, i take it :p:smt082
He can run whatever brand he wants .There are a lot of great products out there. I was just putting it out there but if he wants something i will sell it to him;):smt081

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I use Chevron DELO 400 in my Powerstroke and I'm a dealer for 2 different synthetics. Wife's car gets the Wally World full synth. My 'Benz wagon gets 15-50 para-synthetic from Fleet and so does my other 'Benz. I change oil once a year in everything but my wife's car. Both motorcycles get Brad Penn same as my Pro Street Ranger.

I had to stop and ask myself if some of this wonder oil is 3 times better than other oils seeing as how it is 3 times the money.

My dad ran Havoline for decades and never had an issue. We ran Union 76 racing oil in our old drag car then switched to Kendall when we had to drive to far to get Union. I think the biggest thing is to buy a very good filter. I am going to put a Spinner II on my 7.3. Then I will only change oil when I get a TBN drop of 1.5 to 1.8.

·
Plain & Simple
1,522 Posts
What is the difference between Amsoil, Red Line, Royal Purple ect ?

Amsoil - has products for the API crowd,street and or track. I personally use Amsoil SS oils,because of the cold climate we have here in SD during the winter.

Redline- IMO,most geared towards high heat,high stress situations,very shear stable oils.

Royal Purple - Makes both street and race oils,over-all a good oil.

My 2-cents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts