Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
T/S 368E
34,100 Posts
I love my Hoosier bracket radial slicks. Work awesome on marginal prep

What ET???
I'm running 9.30's with it de-tuned for consistency, so it's probably a 10th or 2 quicker with the right set up.

Will they work at that power on iffy tracks??
Not bad tracks, but not set on kill either.
I would love to find something that lasts longer than 24 runs.

·
I kill parts
10,727 Posts
We're going to try the 31x13.5 in place of 33x10.5w's on our mid-low 4 sec chassis car. Will be interesting to see how it does, I think sub 1.0 60's are plausible on it and the added benefits of the radial vs the bias tires putting the power down better through the run.

We're typically on good prep but not always radial prep to suit the pro drag radials.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Clean the tire and rim with brake cleaner, paint the bead area of the rim with high tach gasket glue and then install the tire dry.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
What ET???
I'm running 9.30's with it de-tuned for consistency, so it's probably a 10th or 2 quicker with the right set up.

I just ran 9.4s with the 9" wide 28" tall set.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
What ET???

This was only a 1.37 60' pass, but they went 1.34 right after that fine. Sidewalls are crazy soft. When they were first delivered to my house the sidewall would completely flop in when they were laid on their side, I actually thought they sent me bias plys at first glance. Car did 141mph in the 1/4... felt fine up top, same as my old M/T Street Rs at 117mph

·
T/S 368E
34,100 Posts
Thank u Sir!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just put on the 14 x 32 PBR on a ex s stock car last fall. ( small blk 6.0's 3275 lbs ) Mickey guy at the million told me to use the Permatex hi tach gasket glue. They moved very slightly on the rims at first and have stopped moving. Car is absolutely better, has not not lost any amount of air from the tires. The car could be run without checking the tire pressure. Friend with a serious wheelstanding ride has told me 250 runs. That part remains to be seen but I'm hopeful that'll be a money saver for me!

·
T/S 368E
34,100 Posts

That's amazing, and saving money is always nice, but the 24 runs is getting old after 25 years of going through dozens of slicks a year o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I was hoping to get more this year after softening up the combination, but was proven wrong!!
60 started to climb, new slicks and it went right back down to 1.31-1.32 no other changes.

·
T/S 368E
34,100 Posts

I'm going to try them soon.
I just bought 4 new slicks, so I'm good for about 50 more passes, but my next order will be 2 radials & 2 slicks.
I have 4 wheels, so if they suck at the T&T I can throw the slicks on for the points race!!!

I'm hoping with a clean wheel, hi tac and the increased pressure they will hold up to the 1.31-1.33's my car is pulling.

This has been a great thread, thanks for all the knowledge & advice guys, and thanks for posting Bama!!

·
Vendor
51 Posts

I'm going to try them soon.
I just bought 4 new slicks, so I'm good for about 50 more passes, but my next order will be 2 radials & 2 slicks.
I have 4 wheels, so if they suck at the T&T I can throw the slicks on for the points race!!!

I'm hoping with a clean wheel, hi tac and the increased pressure they will hold up to the 1.31-1.33's my car is pulling.

This has been a great thread, thanks for all the knowledge & advice guys, and thanks for posting Bama!!

LMK when you are ready and I'll make you a deal.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
curious to why that is
We never needed them. A radial traditionally is ran with about twice the air pressure of the bias tires. The low pressure in the bias tires and the lack of pressure to force the bead into the rim was the reason for bolting in the first place. Plus those bolts are a mess, and distort the sealing surface of the bead. If you have so much power that you need them with a radial, buy bead locks and do it right

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, I get what your saying, I know the slicks will grow, I just ordered the 28”x9 Pro Bracket Radial. Might have to raise my rev limiter. I’m not sure a 29.5 would fit in my stock wheel wells. You got me a little concerned.
I would stripe at 200 more rpm with the radial compared to the bias slick.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I usually run permatex high tack on mine and they dont move. I have been 1.220 60ft. And again, mine will easily last 350 or more runs. Mine only weighs about 2800 though

·
Registered
20,000 Posts
We never needed them. A radial traditionally is ran with about twice the air pressure of the bias tires. The low pressure in the bias tires and the lack of pressure to force the bead into the rim was the reason for bolting in the first place. Plus those bolts are a mess, and distort the sealing surface of the bead. If you have so much power that you need them with a radial, buy bead locks and do it right
Thanks for the reply

21 - 40 of 44 Posts