Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend, 60s were all over the place, generally 1.30-131 range. I usually go 1.25 or so, depending on track. Mph was down also. Used to, I could only hold car on footbrake car to about 3200 and I had to stand on brakes. This time, I could easily go to 3500, and still only 60 1.30. Trans fluid is full, looks pretty good (usually looks new). Gonna bite the bullet here at the end of the year and swap in a 1.80 straight cut glide with brake. sticking a new converter in till mine gets back from repairs. Wondering if it will improve, or slow down. Specs: 2780 lbs, usuall in this weather it will 60, 1.23-1.25, run around 5.9s @114mph. 92 fox, 2780, 6.0 aluminum block ls, 950 gas carb turbo 350 with 5500 8 inch converter, 4.10 gear. swapping to glide with 1.80 straight cuts and pro brake. 5500 8inch converter suppose to flash about 6200. The new converter is aggressive hit, my current stall is a soft hit. Wondering if I am going to like the switch.

·
T/S 368E
35,341 Posts

My no box car is a tiny bit quicker and heavier and as mentioned, you will like the glide.
Mine pretty much stayed the same, but it was much much more consistent,
and eliminated the aborted runs I would occasionally get with the 3 spd.

Good luck.

·
T/S 368E
35,341 Posts

Why is that??
All my cars have a pro brake, and they load exactly the same as they did before I had a brake.
Even my T/S car which does an across the line burnout has zero issues.
That's what they make toggle switches for!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keen to see how this goes for you, that 60” is bs fast with the 3 speed! I love my glide but it wont get out of its own way in the 60”
I dont mind the loss in 60, the car was tricky on a marginal track, so maybe this will take care of that. Now we might step into some of the beyond 660 races. Im hoping the loss in 60 will show back up by the 330.

·
T/S 368E
35,341 Posts

Even if you lose a little or even 0.10 it will be worth it.
One less shift is more consistent, and eliminating aborted or bad runs will help you go rounds.

Reactions: 3 window

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ITS IN, WE ARE GOING TO PUT A 4.56 GEAR IN TONIGHT, STILL WAITING ON MY SHIFTER BRACKET TO MOUNT CABLE TO TRANS. GOT TO MOUNT MY NEW SHIFTER ALSO. HOPEFULLY, IT WILL STILL 60FT SOMEWHAT CLOSE, BUT START GAINING AT AROUND THE 330. THIS CAR REALLY PULLS HARD MID TRACK, WE WILL SEE. CONVERTER IS JUST GOING TO BE ONE BUILT FOR SIMILAR COMBO, MINE WILL BE SENT OFF AND FRESHENED/REDONE.

Reactions: 68468

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off the trailer it Ran 6.05 short shifting. Its hard to get used to not shifting quick like the turbo 350. when I ended up shifting right, it ran 6.01. 60 ft was 1.26. I am going to get electric shifter over the winter. Converter is not set up for my combo. It would easily footbrake 4k on starting line. I need more time with it to see where it likes to leave the best. My converter will be going back for a freshen/adjust and I think then it will easily be in the 5.9s-5.8s. Probably gonna stick a 4.30 in it. I honestly think it would have ran 6.12-6.15 with the 4.10s.
MPH in good air like we had with my turbo 350, was around 115. It ran 113 with glide. Glide shifts super quick. we do have a issue, trans brake doesnt work because reverse isnt working great. Builder says possible bad valve body, maybe valve body gasket. It worked decent cold, but when hot, had to be rev'd high to get moving. We just didnt use reverse. Tried the trans brake in the street, at 6k, it started doing a burnout. It has a unknown brand brake that had sat for a while, so we dont know if it was bad or not. Guy has a manual valve body we can borrow to see if it is valve body. Ive built several trans over the years and currently work at a dealer and do trans work. I really want to purchase a good book so I can start building/repairing mine and my buddies glides when they have issues. I know I can build one, but wanting to see all the tips and tricks I can. But......I think the glide was a success. I like it but just gotta get used to it. It surprised me. it was only .04 slower to the 60ft and by the 330ft, it was even with the 350.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,240 Posts
Off the trailer it Ran 6.05 short shifting. Its hard to get used to not shifting quick like the turbo 350. when I ended up shifting right, it ran 6.01. 60 ft was 1.26. I am going to get electric shifter over the winter. Converter is not set up for my combo. It would easily footbrake 4k on starting line. I need more time with it to see where it likes to leave the best. My converter will be going back for a freshen/adjust and I think then it will easily be in the 5.9s-5.8s. Probably gonna stick a 4.30 in it. I honestly think it would have ran 6.12-6.15 with the 4.10s.
MPH in good air like we had with my turbo 350, was around 115. It ran 113 with glide. Glide shifts super quick. we do have a issue, trans brake doesnt work because reverse isnt working great. Builder says possible bad valve body, maybe valve body gasket. It worked decent cold, but when hot, had to be rev'd high to get moving. We just didnt use reverse. Tried the trans brake in the street, at 6k, it started doing a burnout. It has a unknown brand brake that had sat for a while, so we dont know if it was bad or not. Guy has a manual valve body we can borrow to see if it is valve body. Ive built several trans over the years and currently work at a dealer and do trans work. I really want to purchase a good book so I can start building/repairing mine and my buddies glides when they have issues. I know I can build one, but wanting to see all the tips and tricks I can. But......I think the glide was a success. I like it but just gotta get used to it. It surprised me. it was only .04 slower to the 60ft and by the 330ft, it was even with the 350.
heres his channel..vid on glides before this one was selecting cases and stuff about the cases.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts