Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuned the car on E85. Has Moran 500S on it.
I have the BS3 injector size at 350. Cant remember do I move it up or down
to add more fuel. And how much I should move it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You need to start with a base configuration file for methanol and learn the methanol target air fuel ratios.

Basically it will need more fuel everywhere, AE fuel, Cranking fuel, the target tables will be cut in half at least.

A good base file would help you out a ton.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
What 02 sensor you running ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You need to start with a base configuration file for methanol and learn the methanol target air fuel ratios.

Basically it will need more fuel everywhere, AE fuel, Cranking fuel, the target tables will be cut in half at least.

A good base file would help you out a ton.
From what I understand if you move the injector size it moves fuel everywhere.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Changing the injector constant isn't really the way to do it but it might technically work.
I havent even ran it down the track yet. I just base tuned it on the dyno with e85.
Was wanting to just get it close. Ill be fine tuning it at the track next month.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You probably know this but double check your fuel pump too...
e85 is much nicer to bearings and still functions somewhat as a lubricant... straight meth does not...

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
You should set it for the correct injector flow rate so all the calculated fuel data is correct. Moran would be a good source for a base tune on BS3 and his injectors. He is a long time BS3 guru.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should set it for the correct injector flow rate so all the calculated fuel data is correct. Moran would be a good source for a base tune on BS3 and his injectors. He is a long time BS3 guru.
He's the one who told me to set it at 350lbs.lol

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
2X
If you move the flow rate around you can get yourself in big trouble.
IMO only change the flow rate of you change the injector or base fuel pressure.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Bingo!!!! I rest my case, LOL!!! I am on 16inj, ProMag44, and NTK O2 or I would help you with the base tune. Not a bad idea to make a few dyno pulls and have it pretty damn rich so when you go to the track it will be closer to correct fueling in boost. A inertia chassis dyno just can't load the engine like the track will so even done like I said it will probably still need more fuel in certain areas. PM me your engine specs if you need help with the timing map, I can help there. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts