Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
96mm/1.58 combo on my 414sbc works flawlessly. The 96/1.58 flows alot more than people think. A BW engineer sent me the data to prove it to me. I don't see a need to go to a bigger turbine wheel, maybe just the 1.58
;)
The S400 96 Borg turbine is a well matched unit.. Borg doesn't make a better suited turbine for the S400. The bigger turbines actual flow less and are HEAVY.

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Zacs tune did the trick .
Makes 16psi at 4300rpm .

Thanks for your help .

Hopefully this thing will be a beast when I get it back out to the track .

Unfortunately summers here ......

·
Registered
195 Posts
Man what kinda secret sauce was in that tune lol good luck I think you’ll like that turbo

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Zacs tune did the trick .
Makes 16psi at 4300rpm .

Thanks for your help .

Hopefully this thing will be a beast when I get it back out to the track .

Unfortunately summers here ......
Nice job Zac!!

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Pulled more timing than I would have expected , but does work . Not using the boost builder , but using a more gradual 1D table .

Still have to tweek it though but its got quite a bit of control now .

Funny that I was in the grass testing it last night and it actually burnt the grass . And I have full exaust , 4 mufflers and all the way over the axle out behind the rear tire . :oops:

Id say theres some heat in it now ........lol

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Haha.

I'll just explain this so others can understand, and why a set timing retard like the Holley boost builder is a joke

Especially on something like Dave's with a very tight converter.

We need to keep the engine on the 2 step... To stay on the 2 step takes a certain amount of Tq output from the engine

Obviously when we retard timing we remove engine Tq output, so we need to make sure we always keep engine Tq output above the required amount to stay on the 2 step

This is a balancing act.... We can only remove timing as quickly as we have added boost back to keep engine Tq above the requirement

Again especially on a tight converter

This is why the Holley logic is silly..... You pull too much timing the engine falls off the 2 step.

If you only do enough to keep it on the chip, you are loosing a ton of potential

Moral of story, keep enough energy in the engine to stay on 2 step.... As more and more energy is available from the increased turbo output we send that right back to the turbo to perpetually build/feed

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I agree Zac. You can pull timing fairly quick but it has to be gradual. I wish Holley would do tableswitching for this, but an offset with advanced tables works its just more math.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts