23,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've always used spark high only .
Much tighter rpm swing .
But I switched it around yesterday and spark high only still works best

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,392 Posts
96mm/1.58 combo on my 414sbc works flawlessly. The 96/1.58 flows alot more than people think. A BW engineer sent me the data to prove it to me. I don't see a need to go to a bigger turbine wheel, maybe just the 1.58

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
96mm/1.58 combo on my 414sbc works flawlessly. The 96/1.58 flows alot more than people think. A BW engineer sent me the data to prove it to me. I don't see a need to go to a bigger turbine wheel, maybe just the 1.58
The 1.32/96 worked flawlessly on my 383sbc . But its just a AFR195 headed sbc .

I mean I think its pretty impressive for that 84 to push 4600lbs to 156mph in the 1/4 . And its the old BW cover .

It just seemed to be a perfect match for my street strip combo .

But like always , we are never satisfied with it . Always want that next 2 or 3 tenths .

I just want a nice round number , 8.50 @ 160 . lol

I know the new turbo is capable of more power , but I just wonder how much with my current combo .

Calculators say I need 150 more hp

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 1.32/96 worked flawlessly on my 383sbc . But its just a AFR195 headed sbc .

I mean I think its pretty impressive for that 84 to push 4600lbs to 156mph in the 1/4 . And its the old BW cover .

It just seemed to be a perfect match for my street strip combo .

But like always , we are never satisfied with it . Always want that next 2 or 3 tenths .

I just want a nice round number , 8.50 @ 160 . lol

I know the new turbo is capable of more power , but I just wonder how much with my current combo .

Calculators say I need 150 more hp
Do you have to run a dump Valve with the 91?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I am guessing Jose machines the 1.32/96 housing for the 102-104 mm turbine or whatever it is now

borg does offer a 1.15 ar t6 for the 96 wheel now. Wonder if he could do the same for that or does it get too thin?

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I spoke to Jose , he said the difference between the 102 and 104 is mute .

He also said the 96 turbine is too small .

Just gonna have to see how she does

·
Registered
709 Posts
I assume you are using a Co2 boost control correct? How much co2 is on the gate during spool ? I make an advanced table that adds 80psi co2 to the dome below my launch boost target and once it achieves that it comes back down to regular launch co2... the other thing would be doing the timing dump and adding extra fuel on the brake. The larger turbo may require a more agressive boost co2 vs time to allow it to catch up to what you actually want? Hopefully you can get out and test it soon to see what she does. Personally I don’t think the turbo is too large at all. The exhaust side should only help the situation.

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Are you still planning on putting the old turbo back on see how it does with this cam?
I will do that one of these days pretty soon . I have the 91 on right now and my weekend is pretty booked .

But yes , Im curious also .

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I assume you are using a Co2 boost control correct? How much co2 is on the gate during spool ? I make an advanced table that adds 80psi co2 to the dome below my launch boost target and once it achieves that it comes back down to regular launch co2... the other thing would be doing the timing dump and adding extra fuel on the brake. The larger turbo may require a more agressive boost co2 vs time to allow it to catch up to what you actually want? Hopefully you can get out and test it soon to see what she does. Personally I don’t think the turbo is too large at all. The exhaust side should only help the situation.
Ive tried it with up to 60psi .

It will not make more than 8 , no matter how long I stay on the chip .

Its just going to take more RPM according to Jose . Just the nature of that turbo .

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Send me a log of it getting on the chip and the turbo and send me your tune and I will set you up an advanced table

I'll make a bet and I can make you the same boost at the previous launch RPM that you used before

The onboard Holley boost builder is a joke

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Send me a log of it getting on the chip and the turbo and send me your tune and I will set you up an advanced table

I'll make a bet and I can make you the same boost at the previous launch RPM that you used before

The onboard Holley boost builder is a joke
Thanks man , I'll get back to you soon.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Are you allowed to share the data? Any comparison to the 1.32?

41 - 60 of 91 Posts