Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
But I can spool the 84 on the 1.32 just fine .

Im going to throw the 84 back on it just to see if anything has changed .
That has zero relevance.
A/r cannot be compared between 2 different turbine diameters.
It is a ratio of the area/radius of the turbine housing.
a 1.0 on the 104 turbine probably still flows alot more than the 1.32 on the 96

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That has zero relevance.
A/r cannot be compared between 2 different turbine diameters.
It is a ratio of the area/radius of the turbine housing.
a 1.0 on the 104 turbine probably still flows alot more than the 1.32 on the 96

I know the 104 will be harder to spool than a 96 , but it will be harder on the 1.0 also I would assume

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
It is definitely relevant to be compared when it is the same housing and cut for the larger turbine... The radius and area at that point has not changed throughout the housing

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is definitely relevant to be compared when it is the same housing and cut for the larger turbine... The radius and area at that point has not changed throughout the housing
I was not aware it was the same housing. Still, the radius has been increased, so the 1.32 housing will be "looser".
How much so? Idk

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well , believe it or not , the line on the BOV made no difference at all .

Still only makes 8psi at 4200 rpm . It will make 10 to 11 at 4500rpm , but I dont think it will leave at that rpm without blowing the tires off .

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ill mess with the advance tables with timing and boost and see what I can do , and Ill also see how the 84 acts with the new cam .

Im still thinking the 84 will go back on and the 91 up for sale .

I mean , it ran very well before .

It took a long time getting it to where it is . I dont want to start over again .

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Though I do completely agree with you that people draw conclusions between housings when it means absolutely nothing.

you can take two different housings for the same turbo and they don't correlate at all to each other

Set a tial 1.30 and Garrett 1.24 t6 for a gt55 side by side and measure both the radius and area and the 1.24 is >>>>> .... Even though to most people the 1.30 is "bigger"

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I don't think those cams would make a shit of difference honestly. I was expecting to see a significantly later IVC on the new cam but it isn't the case

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes I degreed it . It was right on .

Did it twice to be sure .

I dont think it would make a difference , but Im testing on pump gas 93 not C16 that I run on the track tune .

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Any chance of splitting the difference and have a 102mm/1.32 put on it if the 104mm setup doesn't pan out??

·
Registered
23,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I can talk to Jose about it , but Im going to give this a chance .

I mean , I cant give up on it without even knowing how it works at the track . It might leave fine with a few hundred more RPM and a little less boost .

It wont leave with more RPM with the 84 and 11psi . But maybe more rpm and a little less boost , maybe find a sweet spot .

21 - 40 of 69 Posts