Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this maybe a dumb question, i was about to order a new switch panel and like to know how many switches you have to turn everything on? i think a eight switch panel will do what i need. i thought about putting my f/p,w/p and ignition on same switch where everything would cut on at once and reduce my chances leaving w/p off or something dumb.
also car with multiple systems do you have seperate on/off switches or turn everything on with one and use and use wot/chicken swithc to turn on either?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You should keep it all separate. Especially the kits.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I use one switch that arms everything and is connected to the ignition power so if it is off everything is off. IMO all you need is 1 arm switch, purge, and bang buttons if you choose. I also prefer the water pump and fan to be ran without the ignition on. Do you have to re wire the whole car? The reason I ask is if you do there is a nice kit with the switch panel, complete relay and fuse panel, and ALL the wiring needed that I put in my car. It does not include the nitrous stuff, but I just made a bracket off the side of it with my switches. Give me your number and I'll text you a pic.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the switch panel i was looking at was the arc 8000R. i cant afford spaghetti menders i may have wire it up myself for now. i will have to rewire the whole car im going to try reuse the factory harness to run my lights but thats it

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
the switch panel i was looking at was the arc 8000R. i cant afford spaghetti menders i may have wire it up myself for now. i will have to rewire the whole car im going to try reuse the factory harness to run my lights but thats it

The deal I am talking about wasn't Spaghetti Menders....but the 8000 panel will have plenty of switches. I just wired David's nitrous car with that switch panel. It is neat how you can make the switches momentary for say a purge, or have them continuos like a normal switch. It also has a feature to select between 12 and 16 volts.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The deal I am talking about wasn't Spaghetti Menders....but the 8000 panel will have plenty of switches. I just wired David's nitrous car with that switch panel. It is neat how you can make the switches momentary for say a purge, or have them continuos like a normal switch. It also has a feature to select between 12 and 16 volts.
yea ashtray has one in the silver turbo car i went checked it out looks like a really nice piece hopefully next weekend i should have my drivetrain in and start the wiring

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
yea ashtray has one in the silver turbo car i went checked it out looks like a really nice piece hopefully next weekend i should have my drivetrain in and start the wiring
Gotcha. Brian has the same one in the black car as well.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
One of our customers.

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
I run a Trick Cable http://www.trickcableandswitch.com/mm5/merchant.mvc had the guy make me a panel custom
and added my own relay board and a spaghetti menders nitrous relay station - 3 years no issues very solid and when it was all said and
done it cost half what a full set up is from one of them race car wire specialty companies make -

Im doing a 8 switch ARC panel in the 275 car,looks slick and is the only panel
I know of thats 100% lit up - seeing your switches in the lanes at night is a plus !
Spending thousands on switch panels just aint my bag,save it for shit that makes HP imo

good luck

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
There are plenty of trick new wiring gizmos out there, but I like simple. All that programmable stuff and the ARC panels, with "touch" buttons, all that stuff worries me. Something fails at the track, your done. You can't trace the wiring and you sure won't find a part to fix it. Even the old style ARC panels, have the switches soldered in a board, so you can't quickly fix that either. Most aftermarket switch panels, have cheap switches, so what is the option..........buy some QUALITY switches and make your own panel. Remember a 2 dollar switch is a 2 dollar switch and a 3 dollar relay, is a 3 dollar relay. Use GOOD parts on your wiring and chances are if you buy it from the "HELP" section at Auto-Zone, they are not good parts............lol

Monte

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
i would love to put your system in my car during the off season. Just scared if something goes wrong at the track, i don't think i could run down to radio shack and buy a simple switch to fix it :cry:
This will complete year 5 with my system. Only problems were self inflicted and never required a controller or screen replacement.

I have had to replace a couple of customer's controllers due to self inflicted failures (failure to read the instructions), but that has been it.

Trevor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts