Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assumming same heads cam etc., would there be any gain just by switching carb fuel and neccessary stuff?

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,432 Posts
Assumming same heads cam etc., would there be any gain just by switching carb fuel and neccessary stuff?
There is a 7 hp gain over 110 race gas, pump gas I dont know how much more. But to answer your question, Yes. You dont need to switch the carb, just the gaskets and metering blocks and rejet, assuming its a holley style carb.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There is more to it than just metering blocks and gaskets. All Dominators require a larger booster pin and the banjo's need to be opened up. Any 750 and up 4150 with less than around a .178 downleg booster passage needs to have the boosters replaced. And then, there is HP in the right calibration.

·
Registered
231 Posts
on our 406 sbc we dropped from 10.50's to 10.30's going to e85. and we dont know what the hell were doin. alcohol got us down to 10.03 best 10.15's avg. this year. buy a barrel and its 2.00a gallon. and no we dont use up twice the fuel on a pass.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I gained 10rwhp on the dyno the same day from switching from pump 93 to E85 in a factory efi 11:1 sbf 347.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I have 3 racing buddies who can just barely afford new gaskets, almost that cheap they are, have picked up a solid 0.2 to 0.4 On 10:1 327 -406 motors using Fuelie heads.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
There is more to it than just metering blocks and gaskets. All Dominators require a larger booster pin and the banjo's need to be opened up. Any 750 and up 4150 with less than around a .178 downleg booster passage needs to have the boosters replaced. And then, there is HP in the right calibration.
Have you got a part # for these larger pins?
Is the banjo you talk about the hollow squirter screw?:confused:

·
Registered
478 Posts
i could afford to race all season thanks to e85 $3.20 gal i was paying 10.00 a gal for 114 and it runs cooler best thing you can do for high comp moters

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Have you got a part # for these larger pins?
Is the banjo you talk about the hollow squirter screw?:confused:
BLP can ream pins for you, they come stock at .160 for gas. I open up my own, a 1050 needs to be at least .175" The banjo's are the holders for the booster inserts, the passage needs to be opened up to at least the size of the pins, I usually go a little bigger.

·
3,084 Posts
on a Vortech blown-DFI combo I picked up about 12 RWHP (755 vs. 743)on back to back pulls with E85 and 110 Race Gas

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
I would buy an Alky compatible fuel pump and regulator. If you have a fuel cell with foam, take the foam out.

That should be about it. :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
I did my 4500 conversion a couple of years ago before they had the kit for it so I used the 4150 metering blocks. It took some tuning but I run 14:1 afr at idle and 11~12:1 WFO...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts