Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ram 2500 and a 32' enclosed trailer... Every time I would drive the thing with the trailer on, it would sway like nobodys business. You couldnt take a corner without it trying to pull you into the other lane.

I figured that air bags might solve the problem, so I put some on in the spring. I went to haul the trailer again the other day and you can hardly keep it in the road. I ended up borrowing my dad's 2006 F-350 and it hauls fine.

The trailer hauled great with his truck, as well as my old 2003 Dodge, but the 2011 is a pile of shit when it comes to hauling.

I was looking at Helwig for sway bars, but dont want to drop the money on them if it is gonna be a lost cause.

Is it worth buying them, or should I just trade the thing in?

·
Registered
791 Posts
what tires are on it... I ask because my stock tires had a load range like the should be on a fiat.. I bought some 8 or 6 plys (don't quote me which) but man did it make a difference towing.. I also have the airbags.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
my buddy has a 2011, it stays loaded, none of the probs your are speaking of, you sure something isn't broken?

post pictures of your hitch setup

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have stock tires... It has air bags...

The electric sway control was a 2012 option....

I will have to go take some pictures of the hitch setup... Needless to say, I am pretty dissapointed that I spent the money on a new truck and to have it haul like shit... lol.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Mine tows 20000 + lbs just fine! I'm assuming its a bumper pull trailer not a gooseneck?? Have you checked your tounge weight? Tire PSI? All of this is important. Are you using a weight dist. hitch?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Make sure you have 10 ply tires with 80 lbs in them. Your airbags need to have a seperate valvestem for each side. If they are tied together they will not give you any sway control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts