Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,805 Posts
Been lurking on here for a while and noticed how much power you guys are making with Prochargers so i decided to join up and ask a few questions as im keen to put a Prochager on my SBC 383 (currently running a 8/71 on pump/race gas)

My questions
1)What size procharger should i use (i was thinking F2 cog)
2)what sort of power do you guys think i make (will be using a air/water cooler setup).

Engine specs
~383 SBC w/6inch rod
~8.5:1 comp (maybe a little more)
~Crane Part #118911 solid roller [email protected] INT and [email protected] on a 110 LSA
~Brodix T1 227 CNC heads flowed 315cfm int, 252CFM exh
~2" primaries into 3.5 collectors

Thank you in advance
I had a SBC-400 it made 748 hp.I installed a Vorteck YSI (Which is close to a F1) and no cooler,I picked up 250 hp....You changing to a F2 with a W/A cooler will go much higher then I....I would think 1250 to 1400,maybe more if you push it......Good Luck and hold on.....OLDHEAD

· Registered
1,805 Posts
On my Vorteck YSI,I have run it about 10,000 miles,and I guess 150 runs with NO problems....I don't know this but if you pulley it for the street it would last alot longer then pulleyed for high boost....Oldhead

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.