Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking on here for a while and noticed how much power you guys are making with Prochargers so i decided to join up and ask a few questions as im keen to put a Prochager on my SBC 383 (currently running a 8/71 on pump/race gas)

My questions
1)What size procharger should i use (i was thinking F2 cog)
2)what sort of power do you guys think i make (will be using a air/water cooler setup).

Engine specs
~383 SBC w/6inch rod
~8.5:1 comp (maybe a little more)
~Crane Part #118911 solid roller [email protected] INT and [email protected] on a 110 LSA
~Brodix T1 227 CNC heads flowed 315cfm int, 252CFM exh
~2" primaries into 3.5 collectors

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Been lurking on here for a while and noticed how much power you guys are making with Prochargers so i decided to join up and ask a few questions as im keen to put a Prochager on my SBC 383 (currently running a 8/71 on pump/race gas)

My questions
1)What size procharger should i use (i was thinking F2 cog)
2)what sort of power do you guys think i make (will be using a air/water cooler setup).

Engine specs
~383 SBC w/6inch rod
~8.5:1 comp (maybe a little more)
~Crane Part #118911 solid roller [email protected] INT and [email protected] on a 110 LSA
~Brodix T1 227 CNC heads flowed 315cfm int, 252CFM exh
~2" primaries into 3.5 collectors

Thank you in advance
I had a SBC-400 it made 748 hp.I installed a Vorteck YSI (Which is close to a F1) and no cooler,I picked up 250 hp....You changing to a F2 with a W/A cooler will go much higher then I....I would think 1250 to 1400,maybe more if you push it......Good Luck and hold on.....OLDHEAD

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response, i will definatly be purchasing a procharger.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just plan on sending your ProCharger in every year or every other year to get gone through at the tune of a few hundred dollars just for insurance sake. I ran mine for 2 1/2 years and the thing took a total sh_ _ on me at tune of $1289.75 to get it redone. I ran a roots blower for 18 yrs with no added cost for maintanance. Just something you need to know. But once you have it, you have know choice but to have it fixed.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
On my Vorteck YSI,I have run it about 10,000 miles,and I guess 150 runs with NO problems....I don't know this but if you pulley it for the street it would last alot longer then pulleyed for high boost....Oldhead

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was a little concerned about the gearsets in the prochargers as a few guys on here seem to mention that they fail if you peddle the car down the track :( I dont have the room to run a supercharger store gear drive so i got a standard cog setup.

Also what fuel do you guys recommend, i havent had the carbs built yet and was leaning towards alky as here in Oz we pay over $1200 for a 205 drum of VP C16:smt022

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had an 8-71 from the Blower shop that was overdriven 20% and it struggled to make 1000hp on a 540, swithed to an F2 with one less carb and made 1277hp, not to mention over 1000lb/ft from 3500 rpm's up... Switched to an F3R and did 1447 at 19psi, stopped the runs at 7000, the torque had never peaked and was still climbing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts