Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Did the other driver get out safely? In the video I only saw the driver of the white car out.
yes if you listen closely you can hear the announcer say he got out in the video.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Both are okay. Big Country went after someone (looked like the other side team guy) almost a big fight. Lots of drama as expected when a quarter million in cars go up in smoke.
1/4 million? Lol they probably wish they were that much. The chassis shop that did Swanstroms car just did a video on what that car cost to build turn key and his car alone was around $400k. I mean the engine he uses is almost 100k alone from Proline. Im sure the other car is all of that 400k as well.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
1/4 million? Lol they probably wish they were that much. The chassis shop that did Swanstroms car just did a video on what that car cost to build turn key and his car alone was around $400k. I mean the engine he uses is almost 100k alone from Proline. Im sure the other car is all of that 400k as well.
Yep. I watched a video from a top chassis shop and they said about $200k for a roller and $400k turn key.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'm in the wrong line of work.
They went over the hours and the builder either doesn’t keep track or doesn’t want people to know.

I’m just shocked that they race these things on the street with no real safety precautions. Not only the driver but look how many barrel rolls and bad crashes there have been on the streets where there are no walls to contain anything. One bad crash and you’re an easy $200k+ to get back to where you were.

·
Registered
959 Posts
They went over the hours and the builder either doesn’t keep track or doesn’t want people to know.

I’m just shocked that they race these things on the street with no real safety precautions. Not only the driver but look how many barrel rolls and bad crashes there have been on the streets where there are no walls to contain anything. One bad crash and you’re an easy $200k+ to get back to where you were.
Seems its chump money when you bring in tv show contracts, winnings, sponsors, etc. i bet the higher npk racers (Ryan Martin) are bringing in way more than NHRA pro stock drivers could dream of. When youre talking purses that equal way more than NHRA purses every race, tv show contract per episode of 25k+ that they appear in, plus sponsorship money, etc. they are making bank.

On a side note I agree about putting that much money into a car that can just be totaled and scrap metal. So many of them total these cars and then say they will be back better (and often are). These guys are spending millions a year on racing between cars, parts, travel, toter, trailer, etc etc.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Listened to one guy who was covering it last night. Evidently the track was fighting rain cleanups and damp track conditions. Several bad small tire wrecks before the first round of big tire when this wreck and Martin saving it for the wall.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm scribed to CJRC and Swan gang. I was being conservative because most of the folks here don't believe the money. Still in the 60's Chevy era. Titanium ain't cheap, and Eddie welding it ain't cheap either.

Edit. I forgot, Dan the Man is my favorite shirt. Love the HF angle finder. LOL
Sleeve Gesture T-shirt Cool Art

1 - 20 of 156 Posts