Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
The our current 113ci (1850cc) 2 Valve engine turns 13,800 - 14,100 depending on what gear it is and crosses the finish line at 13,900 when going 198-199 with the proper gearing. We are not really RPM limited. Power curve is what really makes or breaks the whole deal and average HP numbers is what allows us run fast. We are already making 3.35-3.36 HP per CI on 1979 technology that I would say is pretty refined.

The one thing that is required to make HP is airflow and that will be the big thing with the 4 valve. It offers 2 smaller valves at less weight giving X percent more surface in an already limited space. How much of a gain I'm sure is really an unknown at this time. As they get more R&D things will improve but as that happens more issues will pop up.

I think the one thing it does do is allows for a longer life span on a design that was pretty maxed out. The 2 Valve GS gains were going to be far and few to make one better vs the dollar spent to find it. In the end this is still a very limited deal and the 4 cylinder needs to be a custom built billet engine for competition. It is really the next stepping stone for the class when the class can handle it.

Eddie, wouldn't the Hayabusa 4 valve package be a better platform to build from ?

I understand people have a Lot of $$$$ invested in the GS platform!

Asley Owen has been running the Busa 4 Valve in Pro Extreme for many years but has not out Et'ed teammate Eric Mckinny's 2 Valve 3.97 @ 178 in 1/8 ! Paul Gast has many wins and 3.99's with 2 Valve engines !

Is the Spec Gas a hinderince to Max out put ?

I remember Bryce saying . (Trick is to make a 2 Valve run like a 4 Valve ) ;)

ON PAPER, Theoritcaly

2-38mm Valves = 340 cfm @ 28" = 102 Hp x 4 - 408 Hp @ 14,400 rpm , cam .600 ish

Your numbers may Vary,yep ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Thanks Eddie for the Facts and Truth on the Suzuki !
How's it going with the 4-Valve Head?
Any Updates?
Go or No go's on Competitive Engine ?

Will any 4-Valve be at Gainsville ? (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts