1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
Did not know about it, Glad to hear.....George is good people.

PS is the Monstar spelling tongue and cheek on Star racing?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
As good as jerry and Karen ate running Now This is Great news, but Who will do it , $$$$$$$$$

Bare Head, Valve cover, 16 Valves, 16 Springs, 16 Buckets, 16 Retainers , 16 shims, 2 New Cams , 4 - 4 Valve Pistons

$9,000 to $10,000 conversion ?????

Plus Flow Bench & Dyno Time , Track testing

Exciting Times now , another option ! :rolleyes:

I see Weight added, 625 lbs Min from 600 lbs

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Suzuki 4V or 4v HD or Both ? :rolleyes:
I was referring to the suzuki 4V head.But you never know with the hd money.If hd throw more money at the national harley racing association they may get the 4v head for the harley as well.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well HD can not go with out, It would be unfair, Oh wait we all know how HD feels about fair.
I was referring to the suzuki 4V head.But you never know with the hd money.If hd throw more money at the national harley racing association they may get the 4v head for the harley as well.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I'am guessing that the 4 Valve Head will add 25 Hp + or - ? At what RPM ? 14,000 + .....

Suzuki had 375 Hp , 4 Valve add about 25 = 400 Hp, Hd and Buells are 400 ish ?

Being as HD & Buell are made of Billet and Proven !

Just wondering what the Weak Link will be , Cases- Crank-Trans ? Always something ?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
How does this head compare to the billet 4V head I've seen on George's web site?
That is the head you’ve seen on George’s website, he and Mitch Brown collaborated on it.

I imagine Mitch likes that it’s been approved but I’m sure he’d rather make parts that actually pay.... that head is no big moneymaker for him.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
That is the head you’ve seen on George’s website, he and Mitch Brown collaborated on it.

I imagine Mitch likes that it’s been approved but I’m sure he’d rather make parts that actually pay.... that head is no big moneymaker for him.
I'm glad they are getting to use it and they had it in their back pocket ready to go instead of having to start fresh. I always thought that two of those heads on custom V8 cnc block would make one hell of an engine.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Since Eddie stated that a 4 Vlave Suzuki out of their V&H shop would only be a V&H Designed, Manufactored and Developed V&H Headed engine !

So who will be building the Monstar 4 Valve engines ??????;)

Will it reach 400 Hp?
ill it need Large EFI-Carbs?
Will RPM's increase ?

·
1,181 Posts
The our current 113ci (1850cc) 2 Valve engine turns 13,800 - 14,100 depending on what gear it is and crosses the finish line at 13,900 when going 198-199 with the proper gearing. We are not really RPM limited. Power curve is what really makes or breaks the whole deal and average HP numbers is what allows us run fast. We are already making 3.35-3.36 HP per CI on 1979 technology that I would say is pretty refined.

The one thing that is required to make HP is airflow and that will be the big thing with the 4 valve. It offers 2 smaller valves at less weight giving X percent more surface in a already limited space. How much of a gain I'm sure is really an unknown at this time. As they get more R&D things will improve but as that happens more issues will pop up.

I think the one thing it does do is allows for a longer life span on a design that was pretty maxed out. The 2 Valve GS was pretty maxed out and gains were going to far and few per $ spent to make one better. In the end this is still a very limited deal and the 4 cylinder needs to be a custom built billet engine for competition. It is really the next stepping stone for the class when the class can handle it.

·
1,181 Posts
The our current 113ci (1850cc) 2 Valve engine turns 13,800 - 14,100 depending on what gear it is and crosses the finish line at 13,900 when going 198-199 with the proper gearing. We are not really RPM limited. Power curve is what really makes or breaks the whole deal and average HP numbers is what allows us run fast. We are already making 3.35-3.36 HP per CI on 1979 technology that I would say is pretty refined.

The one thing that is required to make HP is airflow and that will be the big thing with the 4 valve. It offers 2 smaller valves at less weight giving X percent more surface in an already limited space. How much of a gain I'm sure is really an unknown at this time. As they get more R&D things will improve but as that happens more issues will pop up.

I think the one thing it does do is allows for a longer life span on a design that was pretty maxed out. The 2 Valve GS gains were going to be far and few to make one better vs the dollar spent to find it. In the end this is still a very limited deal and the 4 cylinder needs to be a custom built billet engine for competition. It is really the next stepping stone for the class when the class can handle it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts