Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a stock suspension forum, but i dont believe my problem is related to the stock suspension. Got a '93 stock suspension mustang. has a ten point chromemoly cage, through the floor subframe connectors from front to back. team z antiroll bar, coilovers, upr rear suspension. car originally had a cheap antiroll and was twisting out the hole. removed it and installed the team z piece. while lifting the left front of the car it is still twisting, no matter how much preload is being placed on the antiroll, once you brng it down the arb loses preload. ried different shocks as well. we have spent hours under this car to no avail. any suggestions??? thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
You need to start by un hooking one or both of the anti body roll arms. get the car to race weight. Fuel, water, and drivers weight in the seat. Level out the car by adjusting your springs. Re-install the anti body roll arm(s) both should be NON Preloaded. Now its just fine tuning. Launch the car. If it drives to the right extend the pass side 1/2 turn or or drives left extend the driver side.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It is impossible to eliminate all of the "twisting" with an ARB. The ARB works only when twisting is present. So, it can minimize, but never eliminate. "Well," you say, "Can't I add enough preload with the ARB to totally eliminate twist"? Yes, but, when you're done, you'll have done no more than what could have been accomplished by preloading with the 4link without ever having purchased the ARB.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that you go to the front of the car and adjust as much damping as possible into the rebound (extension) of the right front shock while minimizing the same for the left front shock. When you start lifting the right front, back off.
http://www.racetec.cc/shope

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I know this is not a stock suspension forum, but i dont believe my problem is related to the stock suspension. Got a '93 stock suspension mustang. has a ten point chromemoly cage, through the floor subframe connectors from front to back. team z antiroll bar, coilovers, upr rear suspension. car originally had a cheap antiroll and was twisting out the hole. removed it and installed the team z piece. while lifting the left front of the car it is still twisting, no matter how much preload is being placed on the antiroll, once you brng it down the arb loses preload. ried different shocks as well. we have spent hours under this car to no avail. any suggestions??? thanks
If I am reading this correctly, your problem is that no matter how much pre-load you put into the bar, it disappears after a one-time twisting load is put into the car (and bar). If this is truly the case, then something is flexing besides just the bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts