Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some suspension advice on improving my launch. Single adjustable Strange front coil overs. Strange double adjustable rear. 4 link. Car weighs 2600 with me. 850hp bbc. Run tires at 7#. Car rolls onto pass. side pretty hard and launches a little to the left. Should I soften the driver side front spring a bit to take weight off the pass. rear? How can I share video?

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
Are you running a arb? Back end seams to bounce around at the hit. maybe a go pro watching the rear suspension at the hit to see what its doing.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Before I had an ARB, I had the bump cranked way up on the Pass. side. Installing an ARB will change your life. If you already have one, it does not look to be working right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By bump you mean compression right? Also, if I crank the compression up on the pass. side wont that make the car launch even more Left? Then I should lower the front driver spring to take weight off the pass. rear?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Kinda have to agree with Gary, anything else will be a crutch that may lead to other frustrations. Mine car used to do that same thing before I put an ARB on it. And get a large OD tube, don't waste your time on a skimpy one.

·
Registered
16,259 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I wont get that done before the next race this weekend. Please let me know if my adjustment ideas will help. Current Shock settings are above in video (Driver R: C7-E6 Pass R: C5-E6) Since the car is launching left the pass.rear must be getting more grip? My thought is to lower the driver front spring to take some weight of the pass. rear. If the car then goes right a bit to adjust my Compression to 7 (on pass side) to match the driver side. I have some scale numbers without front end and hood. both fiberglass. With driver: LF691 RF595 LR598 RR599 Car weighs with driver 2600 race ready.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks novafornow. If the only change i make is to add compression to the pass.side wont that just make it go left even more?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
You could lengthen the top pass side bar a flat or two and see if that helps. I would string the car when you get to putting the ARB on and check the rear end for squareness and center,

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
With jacking weight around, I would be mildly concerned about how the car may react when you lift

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
With jacking weight around, I would be mildly concerned about how the car may react when you lift
Agree. Every situation has its own parameters, but if you are going left when leaving like that then I feel you may have multiple problems. String the car. When the pass side sucks up into the car like that, there is less weight on that tire, not more. Suggest that you video both rear tires. My money would be that the drivers side flattens and the pass side stays round.

·
Registered
68,009 Posts
You could lengthen the top pass side bar a flat or two and see if that helps. I would string the car when you get to putting the ARB on and check the rear end for squareness and center,
X2

·
Registered
68,009 Posts
OP, how old are the rear shocks? Like has been mentioned, before doing anything, string the car and make sure the rear end is square in the chassis first.

Have you had the car scaled?

From what I see in the video ... at first blush ... is that the track (at least that day) was hooking well as it appears your car dead-hooked. If the track is that good all the time, I'd tighten both the extension and comp of the rear shocks.

Before I installed an ARB on my Beretta, I would tighten the extension setting on the rear shock to eliminate the move off the starting line, that would occasionally happen. For example, if the car made a move to the left, I'd tighten the right side shock's extension setting.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
first thing you do is put on the ARB then make sure rear is straight to frame then get some track time and adjust from there id put a pound or two more air in tires too, shocks will just be a crutch for the issue you are having ,been there done that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts