Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very pleased to announce Atco's first 8.50 Index race of the season scheduled for this Saturday, May 8th will be dedicated to the memory of Susan "JerzeyGirl" Verzilli on behalf of the 8.50 Index racers. I'd like to give a huge thanks to Joe Sway, Sr. and Dana at Atco for making this possible.

As many of you know, Susan, wife of fellow racer Bill Verzilli passed away in January. She was a wonderful person, devoted to her husband and children Kim and Billy. Susan was very dedicated to drag racing, being a loyal crew chief to her husband, as well as being involved with the 8.50 Index series. She loved being at the track and always had a smile on her face for everyone. Susan always welcomed everyone into their extended racing family.

Atco is Bill and Susan's home track which makes this dedication to her all the more special. Please join us at Atco on Saturday and be a part of this special dedication to her. Susan's family will also be attending, so let's put on a great show for them in her honor! We will also be presenting the memorial collection to Bill and his family after the 8.50 finals in our pit area. You are all welcome to be a part of it!

Regards,
Craig and Ali Buscio
Buscio Racing

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: Susan "JerzeyGirl" Verzilli Memorial Collection - SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Thats awesome. Sue was a very special person and a dear friend. im sure the Verzilli family is honored

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts

Is there a way we can donate if we are unable to attend the race? Please post detail so other members can help out as well.

RIP JerzeyGirl.. :(

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts

I was waiting for 1 of the tracks to step up and do something like this.
Good job Sways.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

I was waiting for 1 of the tracks to step up and do something like this.
Good job Sways.
Ali Buscio got the ball rolling on this and all of us appreciate her hard work and what she is doing for the Verzilli family.

Ali wanted the right venue to honor Sue and decided Atco was the appropriate place at the first 8.50 race of the season.

8.50 is a tight family and Sue was one of our biggest supporters--we all miss her dearly.

Anything we can do for the family is much appreciated--and thanks to everyone that is helping and donating

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks hun and sorry I was so late on this news. :(
You're welcome, and thank you very much for your kindness and generosity! We also really appreciate you making this a "sticky" for us!

We'd also like to give a shout out to everyone who has donated to Susan's memorial collection so far. We can't thank you all enough for your kindness and generosity. The response has been overwhelming and we thank you from the bottom of our heart!

Just a reminder, we will be presenting this collection to Bill and his family tomorrow (Saturday, May 8th) at Atco Raceway at the 8.50 Index race at the conclusion of the final round in our pit area. You are all invited to join us to present this to Bill and his family.

Thank you,
Ali and Craig Buscio
Buscio Racing

·
Registered
756 Posts

This is a wonderful gesture for the Verzilli family. The 8.50 Index racers and crew are a great group of people. Thanks for taking the lead on this Ali and Craig. I will see everyone tomorrow.

·
Registered
117 Posts

ILL AH LITTLE BEHINE HE, AN NEW ON HE, I HATE TO BRING THIS UP
THE NAME JERSEY GIRL, RINGS A BELL, CAN SOME BODY TELL ME
WHAT HAPPEN TO HER, THANKS, CHICK,AN I ALSO, WANT TO GIVE
SOMEING TO........... MY,PRAYS GO OUT TO HER,'''FAMILY''

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ILL AH LITTLE BEHINE HE, AN NEW ON HE, I HATE TO BRING THIS UP
THE NAME JERSEY GIRL, RINGS A BELL, CAN SOME BODY TELL ME
WHAT HAPPEN TO HER, THANKS, CHICK,AN I ALSO, WANT TO GIVE
SOMEING TO........... MY,PRAYS GO OUT TO HER,'''FAMILY''
Hi, please click on the attached link for all the information on the memorial collection. You might recognize JerzeyGirl's screen name as she was also a Yellow Bullet member. Thank you for your interest. Here is the link http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238104

·
11,809 Posts

Susan Verzilli worked extremely hard on making things better for all racers...she will be missed dearly. We will also honor her memory at this years Shakedown.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts

Wow sounds like a Great thing you got going on for her.She sounded like a Awesome Person! R.I.P. Susan

·
Registered
3,214 Posts

Ali and Craig. That was a very nice thing you did for Bill and his family. First class people all the way. .
Greg

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

We just wanted to personally thank everyone who contributed to the Susan Verzilli memorial fund. As you know, Saturday's Atco Raceway 8.50 Index race was dedicated to Susan by the 8.50 Index racers. A big huge thanks is in order to Joe Sway, Sr. and the Atco Raceway staff as well for making this happen for us and for the hospitality they extended to Susan's entire family. It was quite an emotional day for everyone and to have Susan's family there for the dedication made it all the more special.

We'd also like to thank the following people for their help: Mark (noricehere, godragracing.org), Mike from gonedragracing.com, Monty Mikho (YellowBullet.com), and John (unk) Campbell. Without your help we never would have received such an overwhelming response. You guys are the best, thanks!

And of course, we'd like to thank the following people for their very generous donations:

Jennifer and Shawn McMahon
Keith Mitterman
Seth Cohen
Fonse Performance
Wayne Keegan (Competitive Wiring)
Tommy Romeo
Shawn and John Gallagher
Mark (noricehere)
Arnie Cohen
Monty Mikho
Doug Burke
Henry Jackson
Tony Russo
Brian and Butch Ferrari
Bobby Bamman
George Watters (tirefryer)
Jim Scheid (fuzz401)
Greg Merritt and Rosemarie Chociay
Scott Rex
Raymond Knight (SVA Power Products)
John Pereira
Harry and Jackie Gerb (H & J Motorsports)
Scott Shepherd
Kevin Buscio
John (unk) Campbell
Mike Conway
Carl Kramer
Larry Wood
Ron Schlessinger
Joe Newsham
Jim Paul
Mike Repsha
Tommy and Dana Kasper
Bob (oldhead) Renninger