Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Buddy has new trailer and has no outside lighting :(
He wants something without having to cut in the buckets.
I know it was posted awhile ago there are some nice models, but what's the latest & greatest you've seen or bought??

A guy near us had some surface mount LED's but they weren't very bright, and he had 4-5 and it was just too weak.

Thanks Guys.

·
TD 3550
2,786 Posts

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

That's not what I'm looking for.
A permanent exterior low profile flood light instead of the buckets most of us have.
Something bright, 4,000-5,000 plus and very inconspicuous instead of big ass buckets.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pit-131/overview

I used these Pit Pal lights on my last trailer. 2 of them are all you need & they come in handy for other situations.
Only issue I had was they get very hot & have to cool off before you can put them back in the trailer & head home.

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the link, but not even close to what we want.
Flush mount, LED style, permanent & inconspicuous like I posted, not some big ass flame throwers.
I've seen those before, and they were definitely bright, but he's not interested in anything like that.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I just installed some LED lights that need no buckets. You can check my link that shows the lights and what or how much they put out. I like these lights. I did have to use those crimp nuts for splicing as the wire are hard to fit into the back area of the light. I got it installed. The photo shows little orange wire nuts I used that to test the fixtures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H4ZtRBK7V7hqXULi9

I got these from JEGS, 24" 600 Bulb LED Exterior Light Panel, Part Number : 555-81936, they run about $134.99 per fixture.

I also installed 4 on the passenger side for pit lighting. Then I added 2 more, 1 on the back of the trailer and one on the drivers side towards the back. Those 3 will turn on when I put my truck in reverse. I used some relays to allow individual switches by the side door to turn on each light as needed as well as the pit side.

Chuck
PAE

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

YES, that's what we could use.
Thanks, I will pass it along :)

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sweet, rated at 4000 & they are on sale for $119.99 :)
That should be bright enough with 2.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I thought someone said they didn't sell parts to the public??
I will check, thanks!!

Those would be even better, smaller & brighter :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
gnxtC2 gave you the Whelen link, any decent parts house should be able to order them. Big rig truck parts stores may have them in stock.

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts