Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO ALL

BEEN READING MANY THREADS AND POSTS, I HAVE PMed A FEW PEOPLE ALSO, CANT FIND MUCH IN REGARDS TO FUEL LINE SIZES.
BUILDING A 370", PT-88 ENGINE, AFR 225 HEADS, WITH EDELBROCK INTAKE AND FAST FUEL RAILS (BOSCH HIGH IMP 160 INJECTORS).

QUESTION IS -8 SUPPLY LINE SUFFICIENT ENOUGH TO SUPPLY ENGINE WITH A -6 RETURN? OR SHOULD I GO WITH -10 SUPPLY AND -8 RETURN? USING A AEROMOTIVE A1000 OR MANGAFUEL 4301.....(ALSO) WHAT PUMP SHOULD I USE? :confused:

THANKS

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
HELLO ALL

BEEN READING MANY THREADS AND POSTS, I HAVE PMed A FEW PEOPLE ALSO, CANT FIND MUCH IN REGARDS TO FUEL LINE SIZES.
BUILDING A 370", PT-88 ENGINE, AFR 225 HEADS, WITH EDELBROCK INTAKE AND FAST FUEL RAILS (BOSCH HIGH IMP 160 INJECTORS).

QUESTION IS -8 SUPPLY LINE SUFFICIENT ENOUGH TO SUPPLY ENGINE WITH A -6 RETURN? OR SHOULD I GO WITH -10 SUPPLY AND -8 RETURN? USING A AEROMOTIVE A1000 OR MANGAFUEL 4301.....(ALSO) WHAT PUMP SHOULD I USE? :confused:

THANKS
Went 4.90's with an 88mm turbo using -8 supply and -6 return with a Weldon 2345 pump. I'd say it's big enough to use that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use a 10an supply that Y's into 2 -8's to each rail with a -8 return. I'm using E-85 with a weldon 2035 pump with #160 injectors @ 40psi on my 338sbf with a pt88..made 1009rwhp so far with it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
930/975 at tire e85 twin a1000 -10 feed -8 return...

I have a1000 pumps for sale going mechanical

·
Registered
724 Posts
Aeromotive has something called a power planner on there site and it says 3600 forced air efi on gas they recommend, 12an to pump then 10an to the front split to 8qn for each rail. Do u big hp guys agree with this and that is witht there small belt drive pump. They say with their large belt drive pump the same line size I listed above is good to 7000hp on gas and 3500 on alcohol just hard for me to believe a 10an feed can support anywhere near that.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/09Aeromotive_EFI_PowerPlanner.pdf

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Aeromotive has something called a power planner on there site and it says 3600 forced air efi on gas they recommend, 12an to pump then 10an to the front split to 8qn for each rail. Do u big hp guys agree with this and that is witht there small belt drive pump. They say with their large belt drive pump the same line size I listed above is good to 7000hp on gas and 3500 on alcohol just hard for me to believe a 10an feed can support anywhere near that.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/09Aeromotive_EFI_PowerPlanner.pdf
I can agree. I've made 2200 with the Weldon mechanical pump using it's -8 inlet and outlet. I use a -12 to the pump from the cell and a -10 from the pump to the engine but both of those lines are reduced to -8 at the pump. I'm sure a -10 will supply near 3000 HP.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Yeah, they are a dreaming bit on those figures. In fact they have damn near doubled what those pump will flow in reality. The black pump is about 12gpm, and that will flow about 2000hp on Meth, forced induction. The red pump, about 6gpm, and about 1000 on Meth forced induction. Someone over there needs to go back and check there math. Do not use this as a guide.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks 91silverfox, that link is badd ass & easy to understand. So my next question would be Magnafuel pump VS. Aeromotive pump. Is there a difference in performance? Is this just personal preference?? I am trying to stick with the black theme...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

It's weird how it jumps from a -6 return to a -10 return. There's no middle at -8. It's a good link either way

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Thanks 91silverfox, that link is badd ass & easy to understand. So my next question would be Magnafuel pump VS. Aeromotive pump. Is there a difference in performance? Is this just personal preference?? I am trying to stick with the black theme...

Thanks
256-652-7475

Alan Kennedy sells the black Weldon pumps. I prefer them over the Aeromotive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts