Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the bullet do any supermoto riding?? Here in Michigan I just started racing last year and looking forward to 2011 racing season.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just messing with you Ryan. Did you buy your new bike yet?
Not yet.. but working on it.

Would like to get that RSV, but it is hard to beat the KTM at half the price used. I also would not feel very comfortable tearing into the RSV, if it needed a major repair. Love the bike though. Getting the itch to ride with supercross season started.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I ride a Husky SMR 510 daily as my commutor bike.Great around town and in the hills,but sucks on the freeway.Have a buddy who races and loves it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Heres mine! Its a 2001 Honda XR 650R. Its bored out to 680cc, Edlebrock pumper carb, cammed, head is ported and polished with 1mm larger valves, Jardine exhaust, CRF USD fork conversion.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
supermoto is dying out here in cali , used to be a good group going here but too much travel and lack of promoters etc..i like those things though . the sm400 drz suzuki is a fun bike , i do some cams for those that make good gains , have had many supemoto bikes . dont like hitting the pavement , im back to dirt only again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is unfortunate that AMA dropped it, I thought it would have took off. The series seemed to have a strong following. I guess it was bad timing with our current economic state. I loved my yamaha supermoto bikes, other than the transmissions loosing 3rd gear. Tired of rebuilding transmissions think I am switching to KTM.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Thanks! More like 110%. :-D

Just got the supermoto wheels and tires on this weekend. You're right, it's a bad MOFO! Wheelies in every gear and enough torque to seperate your arms from your shoulders. It doesn't get much more "hooligan" than a 500cc 2 stroke motard.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks! More like 110%. :-D

Just got the supermoto wheels and tires on this weekend. You're right, it's a bad MOFO! Wheelies in every gear and enough torque to seperate your arms from your shoulders. It doesn't get much more "hooligan" than a 500cc 2 stroke motard.
That thing would eat most hypersports bikes for lunch on a tight twisting road.
I'd love to give it a try.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
It's insane how quickly the bike turns. Look where you want to go, and the bike goes there. Very, very flickable. It WILL teach you throttle control, though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts