Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched everywhere and cant find any big hp kits for sn95 mustangs. My two choices are the F1 procharger head unit and the ysi from vortech. It doesnt matter whether passenger or driver side. Only thing is the brackets have to line up with my stock serpentine setup. Id also prefer it fit my 94 cobra intake but not a "must". Anyone sell/have this setup/kit?

I also have no a/c, smog, or power steering if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive searched everywhere and cant find any big hp kits for sn95 mustangs. My two choices are the F1 procharger head unit and the ysi from vortech. It doesnt matter whether passenger or driver side. Only thing is the brackets have to line up with my stock serpentine setup. Id also prefer it fit my 94 cobra intake but not a "must". Anyone sell/have this setup/kit?

I also have no a/c, smog, or power steering if that makes a difference?

Btw this is for a 5.0. I know these cars arnt to plentyful but im sure someone has one of these setups.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Man just swap timing covers to a fox setup and your good. You don't have any AC or PS so no need To keep the sn95 setup. Then you can run any fox blower setup. Your also not going to make serious power with a cobra intake so you really don't need but a strim. Vortech sells strim kits for sn95 setups That would male good power.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man just swap timing covers to a fox setup and your good. You don't have any AC or PS so no need To keep the sn95 setup. Then you can run any fox blower setup. Your also not going to make serious power with a cobra intake so you really don't need but a strim. Vortech sells strim kits for sn95 setups That would male good power.

Its a sleeper build. 363 ci sbf ported rpm edelbrocks, ported cobra intake, s trim....ahem i mean ysi trim blower.

Make sure the tag on the blower isnt readable. Should shock the shit out of a lot of people!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I think of it I could get a fox cobra intake and throttle body.

btw, why is the timing cover an issue?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
let me know if you buy new... we have killer pricing on both kits..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let me know if you buy new... we have killer pricing on both kits..
Can you pm me prices for passenger side ysi kit, and F1R kit.

And is it possible to get them with sn95 inlet piping? I just like the way the sn95 looks. Even if I went with a better flowing intake id get an elbow adapter to retain the sn95 style.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Timing covers are different between fox and sn95. Strim with a sorry intake and heads will make close to the same numbers as a f1r IMO.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Timing covers are different between fox and sn95. Strim with a sorry intake and heads will make close to the same numbers as a f1r IMO.
I havnt seen hardly any s trims make over 500rwhp(thats about their max). Im looking for 800rwhp and I think its very doable w/ my setup through a 5 spd and 8.8 rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts